“Excellent stay, but don't get caught out on pre-pay deals”

Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stay: 21 - 26 November 2012

Second time we've stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving and both stays were very good. Two points I want to mention:

1) Both trips were booked as a pre-pay Hyatt travel package and on both occasions the hotel tried to charge me again for the room. Last year I re-paid at checkout and received a refund after several phone calls from home, and I hoped this year would be better, but unfortunately not. Upon check out the hotel had no record of me paying in July (again) so I advise travellers to be careful when using this hotel.

2) The pool was freezing, despite advertising a warm pool. This was one of the reasons we returned, and coupled with the checkout hassle each year makes us re-consider Hyatt as somewhere we'll use again.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Beautiful hotel, very nice rooms, big bathroom, great pool, very helpful staff. Stay here if you get the chance. Surrounded by great affordable restaurants, a coffee house and some shopping in the neighbourhood too (miracle mile). Parking is a little bit of a hassle but possible for 16 us dollars a day, self parking it is. One lady, i think she was security went the extra mile to get me some ice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Staff was nice. Hotel close to everything. We got an excellent price from Priceline . Parking can be a pain. Parking is between 12-16 dollars a day. If you don't mind that, everything else is great.

• Stayed: November 2012
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Moe C:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. Your comments about our employees are greatly appreciated. They will be recognized for the fantastic service provided. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt for 2 nights on a business trip. I found the hotel to be very nice and staff very friendly. The common areas were nice and well decorated. I didn't use the pool but it was nice to look at on while waiting for the elevators. The rooms standard room was very large and well decorated.
The location of the hotel was very good as you are only a few blocks from the Miracle Mile with plenty of shops and resturants. It's also only 10 miles or so to Miami making it a good alternative to staying downtown.
I would stay again if I were in the area.

3  Thank mrosco
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Arrived at 5 am...understand no rooms available but the treatment I received from the front desk was the worst I have seen in my life. There are 100 different ways to help a guest but I do not think the staff working at this hotel received the right training. I travel frequently and I am a platinum card holder from Hyatt...maybe should start adding points in another brand.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Greg S
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Hello Greg S:

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us, about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. I've shared your feedback with our Management team, and our Rooms Executive Manager will be reaching out to you directly. With check-in time being 3 p.m. for convenience, you can always pre-book the reservation for the night before, to ensure the room is ready for early morning arrivals. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had two weeks ago an entire week business meeting. besides the cathering, the organization the bedding, all was exceptional.
The service staff always attentive and looking after provide a good service

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LUCABogota
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for your recent business stay. It sounds like you found the staff to be very friendly and attentive. I'm glad the service you experienced was exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel was great. Architecture was old look with new amenities. Walking distance to Miracle Mile and a short drive to South Beach and Bayside. Great location and out of the over crowded areas. Pool is heated and was too hot for me. Room was very clean. Front desk and doormen were extremely helpful offering restaurant suggestions along with detailed directions. Underground garage was a plus.

Room Tip: Some balconies have two chairs others have a big table with four chairs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear VJBWWB:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. Your comments about our hotel are greatly appreciated. It's great to hear how well our location worked for you to drive to South Beach & Bayside. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
#4 of 12 in Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Hotel St. Michel
#6 of 12 in Coral Gables

Been to Hyatt Regency Coral Gables? Share your experiences!