WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Fontana

Fontana
Ranked #24 of 325 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Granada
Description: One of the few remaining Miami locales offering traditional English afternoon tea, the Biltmore is arguably the most elegant venue, with its soaring vaulted ceiling, magnificent lobby and majestically mantled fireplace. The refreshing repast is served daily and is complemented with and elegant harp weekdays and music of an accomplished classical guitarist on the weekends. During the holiday season guests can expect themed pastries.Reservations are recommended.
“Best Sunday BRUNCH Anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

While in Miami Beach for a long weekend, my husband and I were on a quest to find a great Sunday brunch and were referred to The Biltmore Hotel. It was the most unbelievable spread of food we had ever seen...and we do brunch a lot. Highlights were a carving station with beef, salmon lamb and more; a seafood buffet that included king crab legs and fresh sushi; a custom pasta station; an enormous salad bar; a buffet of typical breakfast items plus omelettes made to order; and, a separate room full of desserts with the best homemade ice cream filled crepes! You also receive bottomless mimosas and/or champagne. All of this is enjoyed in the Spanish-style hotel's beautiful outdoor courtyard with live entertainment. Now, all of this extravagance does come with a price -- $79 per person. Quite honestly, it is a once in a lifetime experience and truly worth it. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute drive from Miami. Be sure to walk the property while you are there, or take one of their free guided tours.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Taunton, United Kingdom
“1926 - society life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just go and take a look at the building - one of those hotels that remind you of how really wealthy people spent their time in a different age

Visited August 2013
Fort Lauderdale FL
“Tea Time at the Legendary Biltmore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I brought some girlfriends down to Miami to have an elegant English style tea in the lobby of the Biltmore for a baby sprinkle and was so impressed by the tea selection, the live finger style guitar music, the delicious sweets and savories that were presented on a three tier stand, and most importantly the wonderful service by tea connoisseur, Ligia. With so many selections of loose teas ranging from whites to blacks to greens, my party settled on masala chai, peach, English breakfast and my all-time favorite chamomile. Ligia brought us clotted cream, lemons, and milk, promptly upon request and works the floor in such an elegant way. My friends and I got lost in conversation and the ambience of this historic hotel....the ceilings are just exquisite and we took a lot of photos next to the gargoyle on the staircase. What a beautiful way to spend a Saturday with friends before baby arrives. KUDOS Biltmore!

• Visited August 2013
Milan, Italy
“richest brunch probably in the whole world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

we went to Biltmore in october 2012, for the sunday brunch, just me and my BF.
location: very beautiful. elegant courtyard with tables in the middle for the guests,and all around the court big tables very well presented with all kind of food you can imagine.
food: .sweets (even the chocolate fountain!), pastry, meat, fish, sushi,fruit, pasta, pizza.....each table with his chef. never seen such an amount of food so well presented all together.
everything server with champagne or what you prefer.
Service: perfect.everything.
price: well, it's actually pretty expensive, but for a culinary experience that i 'll never forget, who cares?

• Visited October 2012
Miami, Florida, United States
“I felt like i was in italy .....veramente buono”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I'm Italian and I live in Miami since 1996, we all know the beauty of the Biltmore, I've been there several occasion and every time I felt very good but this time after a romantic dinner at Fontana I can say I feel even more happy because after last night dinner I felt I was back in Italy. I've been told the menu had changed and so the Chef just two weeks ago so I tried the vegetables crudite' PINZIMONIO and a cold cuts with cheeses as appetizer they were phenomenal and then after a suggestion from a very caring waiter (I think his name was Neil) we ate the roasted octopus and Pasta with with Bottarga......same taste then when I was in Sardegna. We finished with a chocolate salami and pastry cream. Fontana will be my little Italian corner from today.

• Visited June 2013