“Too many other choices in Coral Gables”
Review of Randazzos Little Italy - CLOSED

Randazzos Little Italy
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: LeJeune Rd
Transit: Bus
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The menu is very much Southern Italy - think red sauce. The portions are large, and good but the staff has an attitude. They seemed disinterested in waiting on us, as though we were a bother. We went for an early dinner at 7 PM and only three other tables were occupied, yet it took awhile to get the waiters attention when we wanted something

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband took me here for my birthday as a surprise. His boss spoke very good about this place and since my husband knows I love Italian food, he took me here.

This is my personal opinion about this restaurant:

The food: in two words: tasty and fresh. We had the Chicago calamari ($14)which was to die for. Hands down, the best calamari I have tried. It's a appetizer and feeds two.
We also had meatballs in Sunday sauce ($28). Big enough to share, or take home.
We also ordered a normal salad (+-12) which was very tasty.
Last but not least, we order the cannoli, I think that's how you say it, for dessert. Also, delicious, I had never tried it before and I have to say it was worth it. Very creamy and crunchy.

The atmosphere: it's in miracle mile,so if you go at night, I have to say it's romantic. The inside look is very decorative. Lost of pics on the wall, family photos, owner used to be a boxer and takes pride on that, pics with celebrities etc. TV inside playing movies. I liked it. I felt entertained.

The price: I judge prices depending on two things: flavor and amount (yes, I eat a lot :) ) there is nothing worst for me than paying expensive and leaving hungry. I rather pay double and leave happy. This place is very fair on the price. The amount of food is more than perfect and the freshness together makes the restaurant worth of spending your money here.

The service: it was very nice. Waiters attentive, can't complain. I wasn't treated with disrespect at any time. One time the owner, who is also the chef, was around and came to say hi to our table, as a matter of fact, he went to every table. I thought that was super nice. I had never experience that before. He also said that if we ever wanted to try something different or specific to let him know. Wow! How nice right? This kind of details definitely win my loyalty as a customer. You feel special and at home almost.

Anyways give it a try and it might be your next favorite restaurant

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Large portions and great flavors at reasonable prices. Spaghetti in Sunday gravy is a winner and impossible for one person to finish. Can be shared as can seafood linquini. The calamari is some of the best in town. The Godfather movies are shown on an infinite loop. Service is friendly. You'll get a kick out of all the memorabilia. Definitely worth visiting.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I went yesterday August 30th for lunch with my mom and best friend. I read several reviews about the place and a friend confirmed that the food there was awesome. So we all ordered off the Miami Spice menu. From the warm crunchy bread and spicy olive oil, to the cannoli dessert, our dishes were GREAT. The decor is exactly how it appears on their website. Very "old school" and homey but modern at the same time. Lots of memorabilia on the walls, pictures, and a movie was playing. I loved it. I foresee a second visit. The hostess was very friendly and natural. The waiters were too.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Randazzo's Little Italy used to be our "go-to" restaurant when my husband and I moved to Coral Gables three years ago. We had dinner there twice a month for the first year, although our visits decreased a bit once we got to know the area and found other restaurants that earned our loyalty also.

Sadly, we have just had our third bad experience in a row at Randazzo's and do not plan to go back again.

The first time we had a bad dinner experience was when our waiter was indifferent and inattentive. We could not find him for long periods of time and when he did grace us with his presence, his attitude was lackluster at best.

So, we waited a while before returning and decided to come for a special dinner. However, when we made our reservation, the online registration screen did not inform viewers there would be a special menu for that date. Oh, no - it was not until we actually arrived at the restaurant that we found out about the "special menu". Since I was unable to eat most of the items on the "special" menu, we thanked the young ladies who were clearly incapable of figuring out a way to satisfy a good customer when they were about to walk away very unsatisfied. They made "boo-hoo" faces as we walked away and found another local Italian restaurant where we had a wonderful dinner.

Lastly, tonite, we made one more attempt to let Randazzo's redeem itself in our eyes. We made an appointment at 7:30pm. We knew it would be busy and family oriented. However, we asked the young man seating us if we could have a table on Miracle Mile side of the building a bit away from the traffic patterns of the wait staff so we could have a slightly lower noise level and talk to each other. Sadly, the young man taking us to our seats had not been given permission to think for himself and told us he could only give us one of the many tables set for two, all of which were set directly in the waiters' path. To add insult to injury, the noise level was sooooo loud, I could not hear my husband's voice all evening. The only saving grace was the waiter for our table - Luigi - was charming and helpful.

Let me be clear. I have never been disappointed with my food at this place. They serve huge, mouthwatering portions of real Italian family food. But, we've exhausted our enthusiasm for trying to have an enjoyable experience at this once fine restaurant.

Two major things have ruined the experience for me: 1) the slow, almost leisurely service from the wait staff, 2) the completely lunacy of having a special menu that you somehow failed to announce to your potential customers in advance. (By the way, one of the little twinks who was checking people in that night had the nerve to tell me they had posted the special menu on FACEBOOK but not on Randazzo's own website. Hint: I DO NOT HAVE FACEBOOK and did not see the notice.

1  Thank Kim H