“Amazing and Awesome- Delicious!”

Fritz and Franz Bierhaus
Ranked #22 of 360 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Austrian, German
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food is exquisite...their chef, Edie, is a brilliant world- class chef and always delivers..always! His food is always a mouth watering experience and cooked to perfection. NEVER disappoints! His brother, Peter, the manager, is also the nicest and kindest person ever. He and Edie and all of the staff treat the diners like family- like royalty!!! The whole entire experience of dining in this amazing place is unbelievable. We have been dining there for years and each and every time, we leave very full and very happy! It's the greatest restaurant in the Southeast!

Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Can't tell you how the food is but this bar is a nice place for a beer. We came here for an after dinner drink and there's plenty of small pubs/bars to hop around to in the area. It's safe and clean in this area so you don't have to worry about being there late at night.

Owner stopped by our table and he was a funny guy. Would definitely go back and maybe I'll try the food next time. There's also another location in ft. Lauderdale

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We had dinner here- it was so good- I had the pretzel and my husband had some sort of salad- it was great! We also tasted a few of their schnapps- GREAT!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stopped by Friday night as part of the Coral Gables Restaurant week and enjoyed it immensely!
The food was so good and the service so great that I felt compelled to write the following review in ‘Citysearch'. I also had to speak for the management there, as you were not loved in a previous review. However, I believe the manager that night, Brian, was highly professional and facilitated our fine dining experience.

Went to the 'Bierhaus; as part of Coral Gable's 4th Annual Restaurant Week, June 6-19th. Googled 'German Restaurants', Miami, Florida and found the "Fritz and Franz Bierhaus” Restaurant Week specials menu. Arrival; parking was great, there is a parking garage next to the restaurant, but you have to walk all the way around the huge building to get back to the entrance. However, the surrounding Gables architectural views are stupendous. Upon entering, my wife and I were warmly greeted and promptly seated inside. We did not order from the 'Restaurant Week' menu, instead ordering the suggestion of the waiter, Jagersnitzel. This was delicious, filleted, pressed pork chops smothered in gravy with mushrooms/bacon and sides of pasta belles and sauerkraut. My wife ordered from the lunch menu, after asking if this could be done. She had a Black Forrest ham and Swiss sandwich. She ate all of this but she usually brings ½ home in a doggie bag. I ordered a dark German beer and my wife had Dewar’s scotch. The waiter also brought us beer schnapps, a specialty of this German Bierhaus. Afterwards, for dessert; I ordered an espresso ice cream and my frau the apple strudel. Both were excellent! Also, while there, we watched the Florida Marlins baseball team play the Tampa Bay Devil Rays on one of the many large TV screens that are scattered about the restaurant. Leaving, we had to negotiate thru the tables outside in the open air plaza, and back around the building to the elevator to the parking garage, but viewing all the Gables shops nearby was an experience for my wife who had not been back in years.
PS I never met the owner, who surely would not have been there. I read that he owns several restaurants in the Miami area and leaves personal appearances to the managers, who were all professionals, especially at this Bierhaus.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

This may come as a surprise but this german restaurant serves the best burger in town! Everyone needs to try this burger, they are big and juicy just the the german women. I have tried five guys, fudruckers, etc, and no burger has topped the bierhaus burger. Friends and i will be back down for spring break for the BIERHAUS BURGER!