WINNER WONDERLAND

Fritz and Franz Bierhaus
Ranked #23 of 325 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: German, Austrian, Bar, European, Pub, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Key West, Florida
“Delicous!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

We had dinner here- it was so good- I had the pretzel and my husband had some sort of salad- it was great! We also tasted a few of their schnapps- GREAT!!!

Visited January 2012

Miami, Florida
“Bierhaus; Coral Gable's 4th Annual Restaurant Week, June 6-19th”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stopped by Friday night as part of the Coral Gables Restaurant week and enjoyed it immensely!
The food was so good and the service so great that I felt compelled to write the following review in ‘Citysearch'. I also had to speak for the management there, as you were not loved in a previous review. However, I believe the manager that night, Brian, was highly professional and facilitated our fine dining experience.

Went to the 'Bierhaus; as part of Coral Gable's 4th Annual Restaurant Week, June 6-19th. Googled 'German Restaurants', Miami, Florida and found the "Fritz and Franz Bierhaus” Restaurant Week specials menu. Arrival; parking was great, there is a parking garage next to the restaurant, but you have to walk all the way around the huge building to get back to the entrance. However, the surrounding Gables architectural views are stupendous. Upon entering, my wife and I were warmly greeted and promptly seated inside. We did not order from the 'Restaurant Week' menu, instead ordering the suggestion of the waiter, Jagersnitzel. This was delicious, filleted, pressed pork chops smothered in gravy with mushrooms/bacon and sides of pasta belles and sauerkraut. My wife ordered from the lunch menu, after asking if this could be done. She had a Black Forrest ham and Swiss sandwich. She ate all of this but she usually brings ½ home in a doggie bag. I ordered a dark German beer and my wife had Dewar’s scotch. The waiter also brought us beer schnapps, a specialty of this German Bierhaus. Afterwards, for dessert; I ordered an espresso ice cream and my frau the apple strudel. Both were excellent! Also, while there, we watched the Florida Marlins baseball team play the Tampa Bay Devil Rays on one of the many large TV screens that are scattered about the restaurant. Leaving, we had to negotiate thru the tables outside in the open air plaza, and back around the building to the elevator to the parking garage, but viewing all the Gables shops nearby was an experience for my wife who had not been back in years.
PS I never met the owner, who surely would not have been there. I read that he owns several restaurants in the Miami area and leaves personal appearances to the managers, who were all professionals, especially at this Bierhaus.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Craving the Bierhaus Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

This may come as a surprise but this german restaurant serves the best burger in town! Everyone needs to try this burger, they are big and juicy just the the german women. I have tried five guys, fudruckers, etc, and no burger has topped the bierhaus burger. Friends and i will be back down for spring break for the BIERHAUS BURGER!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“This is the place to watch soccer on...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

This is the place to watch soccer on south Florida, we go to Fritz and meet with Barcelona Sipporters club of Miami to watch all Barcelona games, also the world cup was quite an experience, it is as close as you can get to South Africa in SoFlo. They had a DJ setting up the mood after each play and the place was packed, flat screens all over the place inside and outside, they must of had like 20 TVs all together, best beer selection and can't forget Das Boot!!! I love this place!

Florida
“Needs more oomph.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

We arrived at F & F on a Saturday late afternoon around 5.30 pm and there was no one around. This should have raised some warning flags.
I have had my fair share of Schnitzels in my life, and this one was not bad however it was not great either. For $18 you get 3 pieces of schnitzels, although I would have preferred it being 1 large piece.

The restaurant is German themed; however there really is no ambience. Yes, there is the polka but it just has no ambience.
They do not have a kids menu, and the kids drinks were provided in cans which I will assume would not include refills. We asked for a Soda water and were provided mineral water at a cost of $5 each without any explanation.
The list of beers on tap is not that extensive and the bottle selection is OK.
In short, it is too expensive for what you get, even for it being in Coral Gables.

• 3 of 5 bubbles