“Good Hotel in Coral Gables”

Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at this Courtyard while in FL for business. It does not have the upgraded Lobby most Courtyards have but it meets Courtyard Standards. Rooms are adequate and the fitness center is pretty good and has free weights. The plus is that the location is not far from the CG hot spots for food/drink. If I had business in the area again I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Miami Coral Gables

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was flying in to Miami Aiport for a cruise that departs from Fort Lauderdale.After much considerations,I have decided to choose this hotel to stay for 2 nights for the following reasons: 1. I prefer to explore Miami rather than Fort Lauderdale. This hotel is about 6 blocks from Miracle Mile where all the shopping and restaurants are.You can use the free trolley from Miracle Mile (weekdays only) to explore Coral Gables and downtown Miami. 2. There is complimentary airport shuttle that departs hourly from the hotel and on-call basis if you are coming from the airport. You can use the shuttle to connect to downtown and to tri=rail station to go to Fort Lauderdale. From the airport,there is a direct bus to South Beach or you can take the train to Bayside,from Bayside there is direct bus to South Beach 3. The staff are all very courteous and accomodating. The room is huge with a microwave provided. My only comment for further improvement is the hotel shuttle driver. He missed us at the airport and luckily he came back for us. On the last day we checked out on 4th May and took the airport shuttle to the airport at 11am. We told the driver whether he can drop us at the nearest point to take a airport shuttle to the tri-rail station. He said he didnt know and we ended up in American airlines area,dragging our big bags to find where the shuttle is. As someone who goes in and out from the airport,we expect the drive to have better knowledge of the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I attended a wedding at another historic site. A friend and I stayed 2 nights. We had plenty of room, closet space and drawers. This hotel was very close and convenient. The staff at the front desk was excellent. When we asked for a nearby breakfast recommendation we got the best suggestion. The Diner underneath the Drug store several blocks away. Great food! The pool was quiet and relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor. Our view of the pool was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I traveled with my 15-year-old daughter and my sister-in-law to Miami early March 2014. We stayed a few days at the Residence Inn Aventura Mall (excellent choice) and then decided to move down to Coral Gables, to be near some friends who live in the area. Coral Gables is beautiful and quiet. It has good restaurants and major store brands.
The hotel was a bit aged - it surely needs some refurbishing (I believe it is scheduled for this year). The double room was OK for the three of us (two double beds, with microwave and mini fridge).
Front-desk service also needs improvement. Our room was not ready upon check-in (hotel time), and we had to ask for everything more than once (simple requests, nothing complicated).
Don't rely on wake-up call - it never worked, even though I reminded the front desk several times.
Parking is opposite the hotel, for a fee. Ask at check in.
I would check other options if on the neighborhood again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the first floor, facing the street - they are noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables and for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. While I am dissapointed that your first experience to our wonderful Coral Gables was less than acceptable, I am thrilled you were able to find us at the Marriott. I am extremely sorry to hear of your experience. We strive to deliver above and beyond customer service. I have noted your comments regarding the service failures and I will share your feedback with my team to help them understand what an effect their actions can make on our guests. I sincerely hope to see you and your daughter again soon, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to speak with me directly.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

After reading some reviews I admit my expectations weren't high. I needed to stay in this location for easy access to where I needed to be for the dates of April 14 - 19 since I had no car. The shuttle took 25 minutes to arrive after I called for it. Being originally from Miami I know the traffic can be terrible so I was prepared to be patient. The driver, Orlando, was very polite and nice.

I walked into room 208 and was pleasantly surprised. The room was large and tastefully decorated with 2 comfortable queen sized beds, looked like new and was perfectly clean and fresh. The air-conditioner was running quietly and it was nice and cool. The approach to the room in the hall was clean and well kept. I had a view of the well groomed neighborhood as shown in my photos.

The bathroom was a standard design with a shower in the bathtub, toilet in the middle with a door that opens outward so as to not be in the way, and an attractive modern sink unit with a large granite counter space and excellent lighting. There were plenty of convenient power outlets in the room, including by the bed on the wall lamp. It was large enough to fit any size converter/adaptor for your electronic device.

Check in was fast and friendly. There were fresh cookies at the check in counter. The lobby is very clean and attractive with a pretty water feature. There is coffee for free each morning in the lobby with plain or flavored creamers and also a single serve coffee maker in the room. The room also had a microwave and a small refrigerator in a separate cabinet. The television has digital HD programming which takes full advantage of the large modern wide screen TV. The wifi worked perfectly and was fast and free. I didn't try the paid breakfast which was recommended to me to have a la carte.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It's an easy one mile walk to 8th Street aka Calle Ocho. And just a few blocks from Miracle Mile. It was definitely a great value for Miami.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard for 2 nights recently with a less than satisfactory experience. I am a Marriott Gold member and this has been my hotel of choice for 4 years due to the proximity of my Miami office and the warm hospitality of the personnel. During my recent stay, I awoke at 3am to find something crawling up my leg. I turned on the light and found it to be a 1 inch cock roach! I left the light on the rest of the night and informed the front desk the next morning. The next night all was calm, but the 2nd morning there was another one next to the bedroom window. We again informed the front desk. When I went to checkout that afternoon, the front desk clerk apologized for the "hardships" we endured during the stay, but offered nothing else in the form of a discount, meal voucher, etc. The next time I go to Miami I am choosing a different hotel.

Mr. and Mrs. Ford

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sabrina F
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Ms. Sabrina;

I am extremely sorry to hear of your experience. I am in total disbelief as I read your comments. The Courtyard Marriott Miami Coral Gables staff and I strive to deliver the absolute best lodging experience in the Coral Gables area, and your experience is far from what we are known for to as noted by other TripAdvisor guest reviews.

Please feel free to contact myself directly as I would like to have more details to ensure nothing like this gets repeated and more importatnly take care of you. We strive to deliver the absolute best lodging experience in the Coral Gables area. I sincerely hope you get back to me and that you give us another opportunity to service you better. I anticipate hearing from you soon.

Sincerely
GM
305-443-2301

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was full when we stayed there but the free shuttle was prompt to pick us up at the airport. It's a quick ride from there to the hotel. If you don't want the hotel restaurant breakfast, Burger King is right next door. There is a Publix grocery store within walking distance where we picked up beer to take on our cruise the following day. The taxi from there to the Port of Miami was $30 including tip for four adults in one cab. Tons of shops and restaurants within walking distance on the Miracle Mile.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank BeenTo7Continents

Dear BeenTo7Continents:

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your review of the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy to read that you found our hotel to be very conveniently situated around the Coral Gables community of restaurants, Publix grocery store and within walking distance to convenience stores. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle to the airport and the convenience of taxi cabs to the port of miami.

I look forward to having the opportunity to show you and even better experience next time you are in town, please don't hesitate to look me up personally. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Kindest Regards,

Hotel St. Michel
#6 of 12 in Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!