“Beyond my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Mount Dora, Florida
“Beyond my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

After reading some reviews I admit my expectations weren't high. I needed to stay in this location for easy access to where I needed to be for the dates of April 14 - 19 since I had no car. The shuttle took 25 minutes to arrive after I called for it. Being originally from Miami I know the traffic can be terrible so I was prepared to be patient. The driver, Orlando, was very polite and nice.

I walked into room 208 and was pleasantly surprised. The room was large and tastefully decorated with 2 comfortable queen sized beds, looked like new and was perfectly clean and fresh. The air-conditioner was running quietly and it was nice and cool. The approach to the room in the hall was clean and well kept. I had a view of the well groomed neighborhood as shown in my photos.

The bathroom was a standard design with a shower in the bathtub, toilet in the middle with a door that opens outward so as to not be in the way, and an attractive modern sink unit with a large granite counter space and excellent lighting. There were plenty of convenient power outlets in the room, including by the bed on the wall lamp. It was large enough to fit any size converter/adaptor for your electronic device.

Check in was fast and friendly. There were fresh cookies at the check in counter. The lobby is very clean and attractive with a pretty water feature. There is coffee for free each morning in the lobby with plain or flavored creamers and also a single serve coffee maker in the room. The room also had a microwave and a small refrigerator in a separate cabinet. The television has digital HD programming which takes full advantage of the large modern wide screen TV. The wifi worked perfectly and was fast and free. I didn't try the paid breakfast which was recommended to me to have a la carte.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It's an easy one mile walk to 8th Street aka Calle Ocho. And just a few blocks from Miracle Mile. It was definitely a great value for Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard for 2 nights recently with a less than satisfactory experience. I am a Marriott Gold member and this has been my hotel of choice for 4 years due to the proximity of my Miami office and the warm hospitality of the personnel. During my recent stay, I awoke at 3am to find something crawling up my leg. I turned on the light and found it to be a 1 inch cock roach! I left the light on the rest of the night and informed the front desk the next morning. The next night all was calm, but the 2nd morning there was another one next to the bedroom window. We again informed the front desk. When I went to checkout that afternoon, the front desk clerk apologized for the "hardships" we endured during the stay, but offered nothing else in the form of a discount, meal voucher, etc. The next time I go to Miami I am choosing a different hotel.

Mr. and Mrs. Ford

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sabrina F
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Ms. Sabrina;

I am extremely sorry to hear of your experience. I am in total disbelief as I read your comments. The Courtyard Marriott Miami Coral Gables staff and I strive to deliver the absolute best lodging experience in the Coral Gables area, and your experience is far from what we are known for to as noted by other TripAdvisor guest reviews.

Please feel free to contact myself directly as I would like to have more details to ensure nothing like this gets repeated and more importatnly take care of you. We strive to deliver the absolute best lodging experience in the Coral Gables area. I sincerely hope you get back to me and that you give us another opportunity to service you better. I anticipate hearing from you soon.

Sincerely
GM
305-443-2301
Des Plaines, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was full when we stayed there but the free shuttle was prompt to pick us up at the airport. It's a quick ride from there to the hotel. If you don't want the hotel restaurant breakfast, Burger King is right next door. There is a Publix grocery store within walking distance where we picked up beer to take on our cruise the following day. The taxi from there to the Port of Miami was $30 including tip for four adults in one cab. Tons of shops and restaurants within walking distance on the Miracle Mile.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank BeenTo7Continents
Dear BeenTo7Continents:

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your review of the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy to read that you found our hotel to be very conveniently situated around the Coral Gables community of restaurants, Publix grocery store and within walking distance to convenience stores. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle to the airport and the convenience of taxi cabs to the port of miami.

I look forward to having the opportunity to show you and even better experience next time you are in town, please don't hesitate to look me up personally. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Kindest Regards,

GM
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We arrived late evening and were greeted nicely. The rooms were as expected and clean. The service was really good and we had a wonderful stay. Location is close to the airport and yet not far at all from the beach which made it perfect for our purpose.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Missed connection in Miami. This was the only room available after calling 4 hotels. The price was quoted as $349. Very expensive for a double room with stained carpets, sheets rumpled(?) and sliding door opening to pool. People partying at pool all night long. breakfast is normally included but for our high priced room , it was not. Shuttle bus runs only on the hour. So, as 6 of us waited in the lobby with our luggage and the hotel van sat parked unused outside, we had to call a cab to get to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Dallasmommy;

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not a perfect one, the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables staff and I strive to deliver the absolute best lodging experience in the Coral Gables area.

We would love to have the opportunity to discuss with you more details about your stay, so we can correct the issue and other guests are not inconvenienced as you were. Specially with your concern regarding the shuttle transportation to the airport. This is a one of the biggest service we provide all of our guest complimentary. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to hear back from you soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Lutz, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The location. It is near shopping and bars etc. Otherwise there is nothing notable about the location. The elevator floors were dirty. The hotel rooms were VERY small. It is an older hotel that fits in with the "we don't have to do much because of our location" We checked in on a Friday and checked out in about one hour of our check in time. They did not charge us. We took off to stay at a hotel near the Blue lagoon/airport area. Yes it was more of a drive (10-12 mins) but we had more space, newer hotel, cleaner hotel etc.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Jennifer H:

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. This is very contrasting to what we stand for and I assure you not the usual guest experience. Three of the biggest reason our guests come back again and again are for the location, service and cleanliness of the hotel. I would like more detials to ensure nothing of what you may have experienced gets repeated. We strive to deliver above and beyond guest excellent experience. I anticipate hearing from you soon.

Sincereley,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here for a few night, staff are friendly, a good central location for, shopping, eating and bars. The rooms are clean (although the air conditioning unit is a bit noisy). Some rooms open up onto a lovely sunny pool area with plenty of loungers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear AnnF2012;

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of the shopping, eating and bars in Coral Gables. Thank you for for acknowledging our friendly staff and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kindest Regards,
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Hotel Place St. Michel
#6 of 11 in Coral Gables
3.5 of 5 stars 215 reviews

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!