“Excellent and Affordable”

Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had to pop in for business in downtown Coral Gables, and Courtyard Marriot is 1 block from the action. The price is amazing. Rooms are standard, micorwave, coffe, fridge etc. Place was clean and quiet. There was a small charge for the parking that was not detailed on a third party booking site. I believe this is a refurbished Hilton as evidence by the older windows but for the location and price, this place is very hard to beat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Neurovictory;

Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind review for the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables on TripAdvisor.com. I am thrilled to know that you found the hotel value and services offered exceeded your expectations.

This property used to be a Holiday Inn. In 2008 JHM Hotels converted the property to a Courtyard by Marriott. We have exciting news, by next year we will have completed extensive renovations and upgrades to include rooms redo, restaurant, pool area and a new lobby!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a safe and exciting travels!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Miami Coral Gables

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at this remodeled hotel a couple of streets from Coral Gables’ Miracle Mile. The location is excellent and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well furnished with microwave and fridge in the room. The breakfast buffet was very good, varied, and a good value. Parking is not free $10/day reasonable for city center. I would have rated this Hotel average but the staff’s efforts to make you feel welcome made the stay very pleasant. I would rate it overall Very Good value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JL-Fairfax
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear JL:

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your review of the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy to read that you found our hotel to be very clean, breakfast was a good varied and a good value, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. These are three of the most important things we try our best to provide. We look forward to having the opportunity to show you an even better experience next time you are in town, please do not hesitate to look me up personally. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The location and staff are remarkable. Rooms are of standard quality with mini fridge and microwave. My experience was quite peacful. The staff were exceptional especially the front desk who made my stay quite comfortable. They assisted in every way possible. The room was clean, as well as the bathroom. Having complimentary wifi and cable as well as free shuttle service to and from the hotel. KUDOS TO YOU THE STAFF OF THE COURTYARD MARIOT CORAL GABLES. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Karen;

Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind review for the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables on TripAdvisor.com I am thrilled my team was able to exceed your expectations and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have safe and exciting travles!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The location and the genuine friendliness of the staff are this hotel's greatest assets. The room is nice and clean. The bathroom is tiny, and there is very little space to stand between the toilet. Hallways are worn. Breakfast is a good value and has some variety, but more care can be taken to keep it fresh as the eggs get rubbery and the bacon soggy later in the morning. This hotel does not have a service elevator, so you do at times share the elevator with laundry carts, housekeeping supplies and staff.
Overall I was happy with my choice to stay there as it offered me the basics I needed, including free WiFi, and I enjoyed being surrounded by the gracious staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TisaL

Dear Ms. Tisa;

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. As a loyal Marriott elite member, you understand what our standards are as a brand. Please accept my sincere apology for my property not exceeding your expectations. I will use this feedback as a training aid for my Food & Beverage and Housekeeping teams.

We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary WiFi and our fabulous Coral Gables location. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Best Wishes!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The first impression is that this is a remodeled old place. The staff is trying very hard to make it look like a nice place. Rooms are standard quality, lobby is OK, breakfast is good, but gets old after few days. There is plenty of places to get breakfast in the vicinity, so I would not go for it. Pool is nice and clean, but there is no way to get some refreshments. Location and staff are probably the only reason I would stay again.

Room Tip: Pool side is much quieter. Higher floor too.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
aida m, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

First and foremost, I would like to say thank you for having stayed with us and I am very glad to hear you enjoyed our cheerful staff!
I am delighted to inform you that we have a new General Manager running the show and the entire hotel will be going through some renovations this year. We will be installing some new surprises as well as puttting in new carpets, as well as a new lobby.
I hope to see you again during and after the renovation so we can show you what's new. Again, thank you for having stayed with us and providing us with some feedback so we can work on making your stay a lovely one.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is not a well run hotel. The front desk staff are very nice but appear clueless. The hallways are very worn and not at all appealling. The room was more updated and was fairly clean, but there were nasty spots on the carpeting. The biggest problem was that they key card equipment wasn't working properly and caused numerous issues. This property is within walking distance of the downtown area, so that's a plus. Breakfast was surprisingly good. Charging for parking was a rip. If I had it to do over, I'd stay elsewhere, even though it is the only hotel I could find in the general "Miracle Mile" area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having stayed with us, and apologize for the negative circumstances that effected your stay. However, I am absolutely delighted to let you know that I have taken over as the new General Manager of the hotel, and in addition to the changes in operations that I am putting in place, the hotel is looking forward to a complete renovation in the upcoming year. This renovation will include everything from changes in the lobby, to changes in the room decor, and carpeting all throughout the hotel.

The next time that you're in town, I would appreciate it if you would take the time to contact me so that I can do everything in my power to make your stay the best it can be, and we can show you all that's new.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

aside From Charging For Breakfast And Parking, The Bathroom Was Tiny With Hair In The Tub. The Room Itself Was Spacious And Clean And The Front Desk Was Nice. We Definitely Wouldn't Recommend Because Of The Poor Value.

• Stayed: May 2013

Stacey,
I am so sorry to hear about the negative experience that you had in our hotel. Our parking fee is relatively new, it was put in place in January of 2012 and has been enforced more strictly over the past year. We do have certain room rates that include breakfast, however it is not included in all rates as compliments of the hotel. I apologize that no one informed you of this ahead of time.

In reference to the hair that you found in your bathtub, I would appreciate it if you could contact myself or my Front Office Manager, Sahira Soto, so that we may look into this issue. There is zero tolerance for the room not being completely clean upon arrival. We would like to compensate you for this inconvenience.

Again, please forgive us for your negative experience, I look forward to hearing from you and more importantly for giving us another opportunity to make it right.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Hotel St. Michel
#6 of 12 in Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!