“Convenient location and hotel shuttle from airport”

Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Convenient location and hotel shuttle from airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight enroute to another city and were very impressed with the overall location which is very close to Publix and Dadeland Mall. This hotel is equipped with a mini fridge which is great to store soft drinks and yoghurts. The supermarket Publix offers breakfast and Cuban "cafe con leche" in the mornings and is a minute's walk across the street.One can also buy snacks from the snack bar located within the hotel. Our rates were very reasonable and we took advantage of the free shuttle which arrives on the hour every hour from morning until 10pm. Taxis from Miami airport to town can cost around $30-$40. So we saved $80/- by just using the hotel shuttle.This hotel is great value for the money.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter and more spacious
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Theresa104
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Theresa, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay but from what I can tell, you visited the Courtyard Marriott in Dadeland, which is not our property. However, our property does boast all of the same ammenities, with the exception of the other hotel's proximity to the Dadeland Mall, but I think you might enjoy our close proximity to the Miracle Mile here in Coral Gables. We have something like 70 restaurants as well as plenty of shops all within walking distance from the hotel.

I hope the next time that you're in town you'll come see all that Coral Gables has to offer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Turkish first
Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Recently stayed at this Marriott and would definitely return. The staff was super nice and very accommodating. I needed to leave my vehicle there while attending an event for 2 days and they were extremely gracious and let me do this. I slept really well - bed was very comfortable. The room was on the 2nd floor room 230-something which I would recommend as these overlook the pool and are away from the street side. There was a refrigerator, mircowave and coffee maker in the room which was convenient. Breakfast was great and the staff were helpful on places to eat that were nearby. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the 2nd floor in the 230's.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for this kind review. Our staff works very hard to ensure that each guest has a great experience so it is always a delight to receive such positive feedback.

We can't wait to see you on your next visit!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

First reason to leave the room we were assigned: the door to the pool deck didn't lock properly. It had been secured shut by a flimsy inside lock that needed the door to be left partially open. Front desk unable to get us keys to a replacement room for 20 minutes because of "machine problems." Second reason to make a trip to front desk: no room service menu in room. Then when we tried to order room service, the phone line to the restaurant was out of order. Finally, a constant beeping from the ice machine outside our room kept us up all night. The front desk staff tried hard and it wasn't their fault. Whoever is the manager of this place, however, should be fired.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Philip S
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
First of all, sir, I would like to apologize for the negative experience you had in our hotel. Our goal is always to provide our valued guests with the best experience possible, so there is a sad day here when we know we've failed to meet this goal. However, we do appreciate your feedback, as it is you, our guests, who can really see where we need to improve. I'd like you to know that we are in the process of replacing our entire lock and key system as we have been having reoccuring problems with it. Additionally, since you mentioned it, I will certainly have our maintennance team look into the mystery of the beeping ice machine and dead restaurant phone line.

Thank you so much for your patronage and for providing feedback. We truly appreciate the opportunity to be better for you, our valued guests.
Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and found that the staff are very friendly and efficient. The breakfast is good, and the airport shuttle is dependable.
The hotel is very close to Miracle Mile which is an added plus to staying here.
All in all, the experience was good, and I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank VPStephen
I am elated to know that you found your stay with us to be so enjoyable. It is truly the smiles on our guests' faces that make our jobs here so rewarding. We thank you for your patronage, your feedback, and for being a part of our Courtyard Coral Gables Family. I hope we will see you again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I recentally stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Coral Cables after were got off our cruise ship, and it was a very nice hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Margaret1209
Margaret, thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad that you found everything to be well and we look forward to seeing you again!
Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Nice clean courtyard. Easy access (10 mins) from airport with good access to travel south or the city center. Some good restaurants nearby. In room installed air conditioner can be a bit diificult to manage. Free car park helps to keep the overall cost down.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rome
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at this property twice in the past two months - both times I wished I had not. For the first stay, I was in a room off the main street in front of the hotel for three weekday nights - very noisy traffic as of 6AM - could not sleep. Opted for the breakfast package that time and shouldn't have - it's nothing special and the restaurant service was dismal. I had to get up and serve my own water from the waitresses' station because the two girls were too busy talking to one another to see that neither had greeted me upon arrival and asked if I wanted a beverage. Another surprising thing is that I didn't see any staff over age 20 the entire time I was there. Seemed like the place was run by college students. I just stayed at the property again - but for only one night due to the hotel's proximity to the airport. I asked for a room away from the street and while I thought it was going to be better - it was worse. Twice between 5:00 and 6:00AM a trash truck arrived to empty the trash...and my room was directly above the trash room, facing the side parking lot. Really? a trash truck on a Saturday morning that early...I couldn't go back to sleep after that and all of the other noise that comes from the showers/bathrooms either in my neighbor's room or above my room. Cheaply constructed building does not insulate you from any noise. Won't stay here again.

Room Tip: away from the busy main street and away from the trash room (NOT Room #200)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerooRome
claudia P, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you inmensely for taking the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor. All the issues you mention above will be corrected. We hope you give us the oportunity to redeem ourselves again in the future.

Kind Regards,

The Courtyard Miami Coral Gables Family.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
#2 of 11 in Coral Gables
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,278 reviews
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Hotel St. Michel
#6 of 11 in Coral Gables

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!