WINNER WONDERLAND

“Fresh Fish, Nice Atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tarpon Bend Raw Bar & Grill

Tarpon Bend Raw Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarpon Bend Raw Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 325 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Ohio
“Fresh Fish, Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Ate here based on a recommendation from a colleague. There was a lot of fresh fish on the menu which provided us with plenty of options. I ordered fresh oysters which were very good and my brother ordered the Cajun Crawfish Gumbo which smelled divine. For my entree, I ordered the tuna which was cooked to perfection. I am very picky about how my tuna is cooked (or should I say 'not cooked') and the chef met my expectations. My brother had the seared yellowfin tuna salad which he said was very good; it even came with a dollop of wasabi.

We ate outside, which for two Ohioans on a February evening is a delight. My only caution for outside diners is to be prepared for cigar and cigarette smokers to be close by.

The only downside that I experienced was the minimal wine and beer selection. What wine they did offer, I found to be overpriced.

Porto Alegre, RS
“Good cost X benefit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great food, great service, great ambient, need to say more? The rest I write cause the website demands 50 characters - really boring this, BTW, don't you think?

Visited February 2013
Barbados
“We RACE to Tarpon Bend when on layover at MIA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I live in the Caribbean and so find ourselves in Miami frequently on business, for pleasure, or on layover to another destination.

We love Tarpon Bend so much that we'll hop a cab and race over during our layovers and, of course, when we're staying in Miami we make a point of dining at Tarpon Bend as well.

The food is simply to die for. Just-caught fresh fresh fish, specials of the day of the week (the salmon BLT is amazing), and wonderful choices for lovers of beef and chicken.

Staff is terrific, consistently fabulous and friendly. We've shown up with our luggage and they kindly stash it for us while we dine and shop Miracle Mile until we have to get back to MIA.

We've eaten at Tarpon Bend at least 15 times and never has it disappointed. Makes me hungry just writing this ....

Visited January 2013
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Tarpon Bend is an excellent Restaurant and Bar in Coral Gables. They have excellent drinks including special drinks, very good food and excellent service at the restaurant and also at the bar; people are very friendly, professional and treat you with respect but always with nice smile. The Manger “Wayne” is always checking in a very professional manner to ensure the customer satisfaction. Also it is a kind of place that you can go by yourself or with the entire family including the children. I love Tarpon Bend and I highly recommend this place to everyone, you will have a great time.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank 13WOW
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Best meal in Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The service, food, atmosphere were all first class, to the point that a client did not really know what was in a linguine he ordered for the owener to come over explain, apologise and replace free of charge, even though it was not their fault. Excellent wine and beer list in an atmosphere that encourages you to talk, but after the meal you can chill out at the bar with some choice rums and watch the trendy Gableites party away..

Visited November 2012