“Not a good place to go eat!”
Review of Sushi Maki

Sushi Maki
Ranked #170 of 354 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Spreading the joy of what great sushi should be; delicious, responsibly sourced ingredients, creative and tasty combinations and an experience you want to have again and again.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I tough Sushi Maki would be different...
I order fried rice it was horrible, I order vegetable soup it tasted like those boxes you buy at the supermarket, very bad in taste! The only thing I ate out of everything me and my husband ordered was a dragon roll sushi.
Around the corner from them is Akashi, great sushi restaurant)
I really do not recommend Sushi Maki!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Sort of a mixed experience. Had the grilled seabass appetizer and the nigiri sushi platter. Grilled seabass very good, perfectly moist and rich, as seabass should be. Miso soup OK. But the sushi was mostly disappointing. First, rice is too soft and squishy, a major mistake in my book. Second, either the quality of the fish or the handling or both are subpar. The eel and octopus sushi were good, salmon barely OK, and tuna and the others were terrible. By terrible, I mean flavorless, watery fish with poor texture. Perhaps frozen improperly or re-frozen or whatever - but simply this is mediocre to worse-than average sushi. Not terrible, just subpar. Service was OK. And the place is not cheap although not too expensive either.

1  Thank idichev
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Service was terrible! A haitin guy with no customer service skills. Food gross, tuna hand roll was nasty, shred dark tuna, Thai noodles nasty. Price is not too bad but for this type of food just go grab a big mac!!! Stay away from this place please!!!

1  Thank Pipalovesfood
Reviewed August 30, 2012

my girlfriend and i went here based on her love of sushi and we went when our first option (miss saigon bistro) was closed. we ordered one seafood ramen, one shrimp tempura udon, and a specialty roll to share. the quality if the soups were poor and the ingredients were totally off for both soups. her soup had only 2 pieces of shrimp and 3 pieces of cuttle fish and veggies that didnt belong. my tempura wasnt battered correctly and only had 2 small pieces. additionally the sushi rice was too soggy, had too much mayo, and had very frugal fish portions. for a $40+ meal i was super disappointed. i would not recommend going here. this place is all show and no 'go'!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I love sushi Maki they are very friendly and the food is great!
Regards to Leroy our wait staff favorite, he has been there for a while and always remembers me!