“Nice corner in the heart of Coral Gables”

The Cafe at Books & Books
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The café at bookstore Books & Books.
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Great location, situated in the heart of Coral Gables. This is a fantastic Book Store and the café has the tablea in the little outdoor square situated in the center of the store. Large cgoice of national and inported beers. Good choice of food selection. Service is a bit slow, but life is too good to rush things. This is the place to relax feed the brain...and i you get thirsty or hungrey get simething for your stomach. Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for The Cafe at Books & Books

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have eaten here often. Its a nice menu, not a large selection but what they have is well made. It's easy for me to get a few gluten-free items like salads. They are able to modify dishes to suit my diet by leaving off gluten-containing items. I've never gotten sick from gluten contamination here. And of course, you can't go wrong being surrounded by books! If you are eating before seeing a film at the cinema across the street, strongly recommend that you tell the server at the outset. We've had two frustrating experiences where the kitchen really seemed to dawdle (the cafe was nowhere near packed) and we had to rush to finish our food to get to our film. But overall, they are fast, delicious and affordable.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Been going to Books & Books in the Gables for almost 25 years. Loved the old location but this one plus the new Miami Beach digs are handsome.

Of over 100 reviews I've written, this is one of the worst. I've eaten here successfully and enjoyably a number of times. There are worse things than eating among books :). The last THREE times I have been here, service has been non-existent. Last week I simply left after finally receiving a menu then being left to wait for over 10 minutes without a flicker of acknowledgement. This is unacceptable, even in Miami where service is lackadaisical at times. My food review is based on previous visits. The Cafe at Books & Books is a profound disappointment when compared to the fine store it is located in.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I usually stop by this cafe before going elsewhere for dinner although we have eaten dinner here a couple of times. The food is good but the best thing about this place is the ambience. This is more than a typical bookstore cafe. They play music in the outdoor courtyard every Friday and Saturday (unless it rains) and they have a good selection of beers and wines. We like to browse the books and then sit at the bar chatting with the owner and bartender. They have a fairly large group of repeat customers. It is also a great place to go to before or after movies at the art-house cinema across the street.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

great Coffe pastries and books. What more could you ask for. must visit.