“Great Local Brewpub Next Door to a Great University” 4 of 5 bubbles

Titanic Brewing Company
Ranked #67 of 330 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: We are Miami's Oldest and Finest Brewpub. We are currently the only Brewpub that actually brews beer ON LOCATION.
Miami, Florida
“Great Local Brewpub Next Door to a Great University”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Located across the street from the Hurricanes' baseball stadium, the Titanic serves a tantalizing variety of beer, ale, porter, stout, pilsner, and bitters. Food offerings are a priority, not an afterthought. They include appetizers (the steamship mussels are great), salads and soups, fish (sauteed dolphin is fresh and cooked to perfection), steaks, chops, pasta, and burgers. "Pub food" is not a pejorative at Titanic. Prices are about half what you would expect to pay for similar dishes at other Coral Gables restaurants.

Live music 5 nights a week + superlative brew selection + affordable, delicious food + location = lively crowd at all hours. Schedule hushed dinner conversations during breaks.

• Visited April 2013

Floyd
“Perfect hideaway spot for a beer and sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Titanic is a great microbrewery/restaurant near the University of Miami. Totally unassuming inside and out but don't let that keep you away from some great beer and food! We stopped by for a Saturday lunch and had a wonderful nut brown ale and burgers and chicken wraps. We noticed that their weekend special for dinner was $15 for a 16 oz. prime rib with all the fixings. Wish we could have gone back!

Key West, Florida
“Awesome Ale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stopped by on our weekend in the Gables and was pleasantly surprised. For such a small location, the bar is fabulous. The staff hustled and even tolerated questions from a life long Budweiser fan. The food was very good. I had the BBQ sandwich and it had a little kick to it that was tasty. Looking forward to returning.

Visited February 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Visited twice in four days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stopped here with a family member that lives in the area. We stopped again two days later! The food was wonderful, the beer was good, and the atmosphere was laid back. It's on my agenda for the next time I return to Coral Gables!

Visited January 2013
Ocean Ridge, FL
“Great brewpub near "The U"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Dropped in here last night after the Canes basketball game to watch the end of the Heat game. It was so crowded and busy that we didn't think we'd get a table, but we quickly did find one. Our waitress was with us before we were ready! One of our party ordered the India Star India Pale Ale, and another ordered the Britannia Best Bitter. I was the DD so I only ordered food. The table next to us had come in for the first time and got the Porthole Sampler which appeared to have something for everyone as they all ordered a different beer! According to my beer-loving companions, both brews were delicious. For the next round, they ordered each other's beer.

Food: wow! Go hungry. The chili is just one of the best I've ever tasted, and a cup is enough! One party ordered the pulled pork sandwich which he says he gets every time he comes in. One ordered the meatloaf which was ground beef and sausage with perfect seasoning, then topped with bacon! So delicious! I got a very fresh Cobb salad. The only less-than-perfect thing was that I asked for it chopped, and the waitress honestly told me that the kitchen would not do that because they were so busy, but that they would be happy to another time. Reasonable enough. The food came quickly which was surprising given the crowd.

If you're in the University area, it would be in your best interest to give this brewpub a try. I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed. Oh, we were too full, but they did have peanut butter pie!

Taking kids during the day would be okay, I think, but not at night, just FYI.

I