“John Martin's is a great hang out place!”

John Martin's Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 356 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ponce DeLeon
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My friend and I hung out for part of the afternoon at John Martin's, in Coral Gables, on the Miracle Mile. The decor is nice, comfortable and cozy. The wait staff is accomodating and friendly. Their food is great for Pub type fare. Their onion soup was delicious. My friend had their mussels, which were tasty and served in a large portion. I had a Greek salad that was chock full of veggies and Feta cheese. And, we used a charitydine.com coupon, which enabled us to receive a NICE DISCOUNT on our enjoyable dinner. John Martin's is the place for a low key afternoon or evening. You can watch sports events in their bar area. Or, you can dine in their lovely dining room. It is a place to kick back, relax and DE-STRESS. And, because we used a charitydine.com coupon-- our pocketbooks were NOT stressed either.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice place for a few drinks and a good place to gather with friends. Mainly a bar in my opinion a great place to start the evening or have happy hour before walking to the other restaurants in the area. Their food is good but you feel like you are having dinner in a bar.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This place is a friendly bar with lots of regulars. Lunch is a bit pricey. many Irish specialties. Good shepards pie.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very early dinner so not too many patrons. Tuesday. Excellent service with a very happy waitress. Good wine. Very fresh oysters and good escargot. Food was good specially the Irish Mix Grill. Same for the corned beef with boiled cabbage and boiled potatoes.Reasonable prices in a very different ambiance. Definitely will be back.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm a 30 year Miami resident and have been frequenting John Martin's for approximately 20 years. The bar owners are Irish born and raised as I know a few Irish who have relocated to Miami. The food is average at best. There are much better less expensive places on Miracle Mile. We used to frequent the bar/restaurant at least 5-6 times a year, however the food quality has gone down and their food and drink prices have gone up substantially.

I went to a party there Saturday night and they charged me $13.50 for a Cosmopolitan with Grey Goose. With tip it came out to $15.50. That's pretty outrageous.

If you do eat here the Irish Breakfast is okay and the Irish Brown bread is authentic.