“A Coral Gables Gem”
Review of Palme d’Or

Palme d’Or
Reserve with OpenTable
Palme d’Or is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 360 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Granada
Description: The Biltmore’s chic, signature restaurant presents one of the finest dining experiences in America. Highly personal cuisine combining impeccable worldly artisanal products and modern French techniques. Patrons can custom-design their own dining experience around the 20-plus offered “tasting” plates and award winning wine list.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Palme D'Or is fine dining at its best. The classy dining room is beautiful with tables that are spaced out well. The service was impeccable. I have visited a number of times and the food is always stellar. This is an old school restaurant and the hotel it is in, The Biltmore, is absolutely gorgeous. Their tasting menu was well thought out and absolutely delicious. The large piece of foie gras to start melted in your mouth and I believe I would have been happy with just the brioche french toast and caramelized pear. Having that french toast paired with the foie gras was divine. I cannot begin to explain how delighted we were when the second course trumped our absolute favorite thing to eat. The langoustines with the potato mouseline were incredible. Perfectly cooked langoustine with the silky potato was quite possibly one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. I've also had an amazing phyllo crusted duck confit followed by the world's best chocolate souffle. This souffle is always so intensely chocolatey and delicious. It is the perfect way to end ANY meal. However, the patisserie selection at the end of the meal is always such a treat and it is difficult to decide on what dessert to have especially when you know that the cart of divinity is about to pass by. If you have a special occasion this is the place to celebrate it in.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were originally seated at a great table but unfortunately beside 20 year olds who don't know that there are other people in the world, so we moved. The maître d' apologised profusely and often and even helped our waiter by taking our order himself. We had the 5 course tasting menu - the ris de veau was the best I've ever had, and the wine pairings worked very well thanks to the sommelier. This is in the top 15 dining experiences for me. Hefty price tag, but worth it.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

our party of four was unanimous: overpriced, pretentious, disappointing food and service; one hour for 1st course to arrive; tiny portions disguised by ornate and fussy presentations; avoid!

1  Thank gerald k
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The top of the art of cooking you will amaze , surprise and overwhelm by such artisterie in cooking food for the one who thought French cooking as no more surprise to offert,

2  Thank Didier P
Reviewed October 1, 2013

First let me say I am not a huge fan of French food so that reflects in my 4 star review.

The restaurant, service and ambiance was top notch, A+, 100% great. Price was high. My husband and I tried the price fix 5 course sampler for $120?-- cant quite remember. Food was good, although portions were small as you might expect from a sampler menu. Presentation was beautiful, the wine was delish, and service could not have been better. The chef even brought us extra small items to sample when he heard we had never dined in a French place before.

Those who like French food will most likely be very happy. Beautiful atmosphere for a special occasion.

Overall a nice experience, but I will probably not be back because the food is simply not my style .

1  Thank CindyMom-Boston