“pad thai as good as in the streetsof bangkok” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #163 of 321 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Miami, Florida
“pad thai as good as in the streetsof bangkok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

After a while finally made it to Bangkok Bangkok. For someone who has travel to different places in Thailand I can tell you the food is really good and the pad thai and panang curry quite similar to the one you can get there. I would suggest to sit in the main room where you sit in cushions on the floor since the next room with tables has no ambiance at all. Just make sure you bring your nice socks since they will ask you to remove your shoes. It is a nice and different place to have a good dinner.

Miami, Florida
“Liked the food poor customer service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a Saturday night. We were a party of 6. This place does not know what customer service is, we waited around 20 minutes for a server to come and ask why we had our hand up! we told her we needed a waitress to take our order. Since the lady was only serving water she told us to wait for a server! Once the server came she took our order; the food came up fast and it was delicious but guess what! we wanted the dessert menu another 30 minutes for the waitress to bring it! once we finish our meal we wanted the bill, we ask for it 3 times ( 1 in the tables, second time a friend went inside, the third time I went inside and stayed until they gave it to me, it was just ridiculous). Even thought we liked the food, I am not returning to this place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
coral gables
“great food, decent prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I ate here tonight with 3 friends and really loved it. I love Thai food and go to Thailand every year. The green curry with chicken is so good!!!! My only criticism is about their spring rolls: they taste like they are out of a box, frozen. So skip those. But everything else is wonderful.

• Visited January 2013
“Average Thai food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Service was good, but the place is too dark. Even sober I felt it. Drunk was even worse. The food is OK, but the folks here are friendly. Valet parked the car and it was a mission to get. Off street parking available I suggest if you are in a hurry.

I have the Volcano Shrimp with rice. I thought they where average at best. YES VERY HOT, but nothing to go back for.

• Visited October 2012
“Good but dark...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The food is good and kendall location is just as good, but the place is a bit dark. If you like traditional Thai, try it.

Visited August 2012