“Across from Unv of Miami, ok”

Moon Thai & Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #45 of 353 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great place to take your student. Not the place for a great dinner. Meals were fine but not really good. Pad Thai was a little mushy. Boys liked the levels of spices.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Moon Thai in Coral Gables several times as it happens to be the place of choice for several co-workers. Was not really a sushi person, but have been transitioning slowly. I had what they called the "Gables Special," which looks like a serving of bento boxes. It came with chicken and shrimp Pad Thai, which was very tasty, eight California Rolls, an egg roll, and a side of wasabi. I was only able to eat less than half of it, not because it wasnt good, but because it was large enough to feed two people. Food was very tasty, and I think the California Sushi Rolls may have converted me to a sushi lover. I also had the Thai Iced Tea, which has been recommended by many on several other restaurant review boards. They were spot-on. The drink was delicious! It's almost like a cold tea latte--very sweet. The service was decent, although I've experienced friendlier service elsewhere. We were a group of 9, and the food came out rather quickly, and the waitress also made separate checks for each of us in the end. Overall a good experience, and I know I will be going back given that I had already been there on at least two other occasions.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great service and explaination of the dishes! the waitress was great , almost sat with us!! lol
the tea is an experiance . the Thai pad , incredible

Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are in South Miami and looking for a super filling, great japanese/thai restaurant for lunch - this is your place. For under $15 you get an entree or sushi combo plus salad AND soup! I had the teriyaki salmon and it was WONDERFUL - comes with brown rice, mixed steamed vegies plus the soup (miso or chicken) and salad for $13.

While i live very close to the Southland Mall location - this location is a bit more eclectic and intimate. I would HIGHLY recommend this location for a date night!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great management, very efficient great food :) Definetly recommend.
Thank you very much to everyone specially to the manager Mr. Riyadh

1  Thank FabiDiCastro