“Not what it used to be”
Review of Caffe Abbracci

Caffe Abbracci
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Abbracci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 344 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Aragon Avenue Between 42nd (LeJeune Rd) and Salzedo St.
Transit: LeJeune & Aragon Avenue
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The word "traditional" applies to decor, service and even food, but a restaurant with an old and dirty carpet, chairs piled up on the corridors, inferior service and mediocre food can hardly be called traditional. Caffe Abbracci needs to re-invent itself.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Roberto G

• Korean first
Coral Gables, Florida
“Tutto bene!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had a dinner lecture last week and the service was great! They brought delicious bruschettas and wine right away to those who started coming in. Dinner was a choice of veal marsala (my choice), chicken breast or salmon, with veggies and potatoes. Dessert was a terrific tartufo then coffee followed. This place has a high ranking snd deserves it.

Jefferson City, Missouri
“Valentine's Day treat for my sweet friend and my sweetheart”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We lucked on to this fabulous restaurant by reading about it in a hotel flyer. I have no idea how service was because the company was so fabulous. I do recall that it took awhile after our order to get served but by that time we were enjoying a wonderful glass of wine with not a care in the world. The food was a delightful surprise. Only complaint is the noise as all of the tables were happily buzzing as the place was very festive for a late afternoon luncheon on a sweetheart of a day.

Southampton, New Jersey
“Disgraceful treatment”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I went for dinner on the last night of our vacation. We came due to the wonderful reviews. I do admit the food was delicious however the service and treatment by the staff was HORRIBLE! I have never been treated so poorly in my life! My husband travels the world and has been treated better in 3rd world countries, he was so insulted he actually wrote a note on the bottom of the check! This place is not cheap either, our bill was over $140 for the 2 of us.
So in conclusion, if you don't care how your treated then by all means go. If you like courtesy, stay far far away

1 Thank horsemommy762
Southampton, NJ
“I beg to differ with the others”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I took my wife here for our last dinner in the Miami area before heading home. First impression was it was going to be a nice evening, to our surprise it was not what we expected. The wait staff was cold and stand offish, we were treated like second class citizen. The staff never offered us any of the same chef specials the other guest were offered, they fell all over the other guest and blew off our needs or wants. When our meals arrived they had been sitting under a heat lamp for a while, the plates were hot to the touch and the sauces were dried out with a dried out film. I've spent many many weeks in Italy and what they serve is Americanized Italy food, on par with Carrabba's and Olive Garden. If you don't look the part, expect to be treated different than the crowd that dresses to look like they have something to prove. Bottom line is they will judge a book by it's cover not it's content, not realizing that our money spends the same. If you're going for Italy food for a nice couples evening out, go to Carrabba's or Olive Garden get same taste and quality of food and take you spouse to a nice show afterwards.

2 Thank crazpony