“Best Italian food I've had since visiting Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caffe Abbracci

Caffe Abbracci
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Abbracci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 342 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Aragon Avenue Between 42nd (LeJeune Rd) and Salzedo St.
Transit: LeJeune & Aragon Avenue
“Best Italian food I've had since visiting Italy”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

First - thank you so much recent reviewers of Caffe Abbracci - your terrific reviews helped us decide among the many wonderful Coral Gables restaurants of where we would dine for our night in town. Your reviews were all spot-on! We visited Italy in 2010 and this is the BEST Italian food we have had since our return. Everything was fresh and flavorful, leading me to comment that I felt like I needed to get our passports stamped.

As first time Caffe Abbracci diners, we made a reservation not knowing how busy the restaurant would be during the week. We arrived about 45 minutes early and planned to have a drink at the bar, but they were able to seat us right away.

The service was PHENOMINAL. I told our waiter - I wish I had his name - I was debating between four very different dishes and asked for his recommendation. He suggested creating a combination/sampler plate that has the lobster ravioli and the risotto. He also said that if we return and there is something we'd like that is not on the menu, just ask, they may be able to accommodate the request. In addition to the terrific service by our waiter, I also want to compliment the bus boys, those who delivered food, others who refreshed water....impeccable from start to finish. The maître d’ came by and inquired how our meal was, followed shortly by Nino, the owner.

The food was great; the experience was terrific!

In reading the reviews, I noticed a few people complained of the prices. I would say that the median price was $20-$25 per entrée. The portions were very generous. We ordered an appetizer, split a salad, enjoyed our main courses and each ordered a dessert. Had we been able to take leftovers with us, we each would have had a nice lunch portion left for a future meal. Without the wine and dessert, our bill would have been no more than a typical dinner at a nicer national chain restaurant, but the quality was much better than what I find at most national chains.

• Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Springfield, Virginia, USA
“The Best”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have been frequent patrons at Caffe Abbracci for years and highly recommend it. The food is always amazing and the service is of the highest quality. We've never had a bad experience and make it a point to visit whenever we're in the South Florida area for business or pleasure.

The risotto and various special dishes are to die for! We can't wait until our next visit.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank gordongekko83
Key West
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

What a great restaurant for people watching, good food, professional waitstaff and old school elegance. We received a warm greeting and escort to the classy, cosy bar where we had cocktails and martinis. Dinner was wonderful. Equally enjoyable was watching the well dressed local crowd (Saturday night), with all age groups represented. This restaurant is now on our Miami "Favorites" list.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank sjc68
“Great Italian in Coral Gables”
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. In fact, I go there once a week. Great place to entertain clients or have a romantic lunch or dinner. I enjoy having lunch at the bar tables. Ask for Julio, he is a great bartender and can set you up with some great drinks. I love the Veal Pallarta with the fries. However, they have the best Lasagna, when it's available. You can't go wrong with this place

1 Thank Ralphfjr
Orlando
“Great Authentic Italian Food!!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you are ever in Miami Beach or in the area, take time and make your reservation for dinner. It is only about 10 to 15 minutes drive from Down Town Miami. Everyone is super friendly. From the time you came in, you are greeted either by the General Manager or the Owner himself. Great service, the staff is very knowledgeable about the menu very well and makes sure that you are well taken care of. Most of them or I would even say all of them have been there for some time. Choosing what to order is very difficult as everything sound exquisite. The well-acquainted servers help make the ordering process a little less complicated. The glass-blown light fixtures and the fabric wall treatments make you feel like you are in Italy. We celebrated our wedding anniversary while in Miami and we made it a family dinner. The entire family had a great time and I would certainly make sure that when we are in the area, we will certainly stop by for a nice Italian meal. Caffe Abbracci, thank you for a great meal and great service. One more thing, before leaving ask for a copy of the owner’s Book, it is amazing and worth buying.

• Visited June 2012