“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Caffe Abbracci

Caffe Abbracci
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Abbracci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 354 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Aragon Avenue Between 42nd (LeJeune Rd) and Salzedo St.
Transit: LeJeune & Aragon Avenue
Reviewed August 3, 2012

What a great restaurant for people watching, good food, professional waitstaff and old school elegance. We received a warm greeting and escort to the classy, cosy bar where we had cocktails and martinis. Dinner was wonderful. Equally enjoyable was watching the well dressed local crowd (Saturday night), with all age groups represented. This restaurant is now on our Miami "Favorites" list.

1  Thank sjc68

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. In fact, I go there once a week. Great place to entertain clients or have a romantic lunch or dinner. I enjoy having lunch at the bar tables. Ask for Julio, he is a great bartender and can set you up with some great drinks. I love the Veal Pallarta with the fries. However, they have the best Lasagna, when it's available. You can't go wrong with this place

1  Thank Ralphfjr
Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you are ever in Miami Beach or in the area, take time and make your reservation for dinner. It is only about 10 to 15 minutes drive from Down Town Miami. Everyone is super friendly. From the time you came in, you are greeted either by the General Manager or the Owner himself. Great service, the staff is very knowledgeable about the menu very well and makes sure that you are well taken care of. Most of them or I would even say all of them have been there for some time. Choosing what to order is very difficult as everything sound exquisite. The well-acquainted servers help make the ordering process a little less complicated. The glass-blown light fixtures and the fabric wall treatments make you feel like you are in Italy. We celebrated our wedding anniversary while in Miami and we made it a family dinner. The entire family had a great time and I would certainly make sure that when we are in the area, we will certainly stop by for a nice Italian meal. Caffe Abbracci, thank you for a great meal and great service. One more thing, before leaving ask for a copy of the owner’s Book, it is amazing and worth buying.

1  Thank MNKahramane
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Some family members picked this restaurant and we all enjoyed our food. One of the best points was the ability to order half of an order of pasta. We had a half an order of the daily pasta special with pink sauce and scallops as an appetizer that was excellent. We ordered the caprese salad that was just OK. My mother ate the Tuna and said that it was tasty but a very thin piece of fish. The rest of us ordered pasta dishes. I tried the ravioli stuffed with asiago cheese and pears in a pink sauce. Half an order were 6 pieces which was plenty for me. The ravioli were excellent and something very different. My husband and son both enjoyed their pastas as well. Overall, the food was good but the service did make a few mistakes with the order which keeps me from saying that everything was perfect. The other comment from everyone was that the place was freezing cold so bring a sweater. I would eat there again.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Some things improve with age like a fine wine, and Caffe Abbracci is one of them. It takes a fair eye to notice the continual subtle changes made to always keep the Restaurant Fresh. Everything is orchestrated at this restaurant under the watchful eye of owner Nino Pernetti. The service is fast, the food is very good, and you can always recognize someone you know when people watching.

The restaurant caters to regulars, so if you are a first timer, you may not get the VIP treatment you will grow to expect and love on subsequent visits. When owner Nino Pernetti is there, you can expect a grand greeting, and after your first visit, he will remember your name, what you do, and other subtle details most people take for granted. He speaks 8 languages, so you will have no problem communicating with him.

This restaurant remains one of my favorites when I visit Miami. It is only 10 minutes from the Airport in Coral Gables. If you decide to visit, tell him Big Daddy G. sent you!

7  Thank Critics_Critic