“Mouth watering with great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ortanique on the Mile

Ortanique on the Mile
Reserve with OpenTable
Ortanique on the Mile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 319 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Salzedo & Miracle Mile (Coral Way)
Chicago, IL
“Mouth watering with great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had dinner at Ortanique and was the perfect evening. Weather was beautiful so were we able to dine outside. Everything from the Mojitos to the Creme Brulee was delicious each with very unique flavors. Had the ceviche and the calamari salad which were both amazing. Then had the grouper and the flat iron steak-prepared to perfection with incredible sides. Finished with deserts which were the perfect ending.

Restaurant has a great upbeat atmosphere and reservations are a must!

Enjoy!!

• Visited October 2013

“Very tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We came here during the Miami Spice promotion. we started with fritters which were tasty and seasoned perfectly. I had the beef with a coffee crust. It was accompanied with a side of vegetables and polenta. My friend had fish with sides. The food was excellent and beautifully prepared. Dessert was a cheesecake cupcake which was average. The service was attentive. The place is cheerful and I will definitely return.

• Visited September 2013
“A Tale of Two Meals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Ortanique has great reviews, so I selected it for a Miami Spice night. And it deserves great praise and unfortunately some disappointment. First, the atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming as was the host. We ordered off the Miami Spice Menu which appeared to be great dishes. Starting with the Norma's Terrace Salad and Red Stripe Beer Steamed Mediterranean Mussels. The salad was very good, but the mussels were AMAZING. Some of the best mussels that I have ever eaten. Truly a beautiful appetizer .... WOW!!
For entrees we had the Pan Seared Swordfish with aromatic jasmine rice, spicy eggplant and the NY Strip with mushrooms, Mash Potatoes, vegetable and sauce. The Swordfish was good and had a nice taste especially the spicy eggplant. The Steak was a good tender cut, but why smoother it in some brown sauce which takes away from its natural flavor. The mash potatoes were very dry and without any flavor (uneatable). The brown sauce should have been not on the steak, but on the mash potatoes. I truly believe someone made a mistake?
For desert we had the Homemade Rum Cake which was OK, but not very moist and the creme brulee good with some blue berries (nice touch). And the service was friendly and very good, but a couple times nowhere to be found.
I'd give them 3 1/2 stars. Perhaps, I try them again, but it may not be very soon.

• Visited September 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Big Game Weekend Special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hubs and I were in Miami for a football game and it happened to be during Miami Spice so I immediately seized the opportunity to book a table at this restaurant as I have been wanting to try. The fixed price menu during Miami Spice was fantastic--a starter, entree and dessert. I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 (delicious braised pork ribs, snapper and mango tres leches) The hubs had completely different courses, all equally good--all very flavorful! Wine list is, in my opinion, just the right size with plenty of good choices. Service was very good--only downside is the tight quarters/tables very close together. Next time, we'll graze at the bar!
Miami Spice runs through end of September and there are lots of great choices all over the greater area--do not pass it up!

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“Ortanique Goes the Mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Miami Spice (Miami's restaurant month) is like Christmas to a foodie like myself. So imagine my surprise when I unwrapped the gift of Ortanique on the Mile. It was everything I never knew I wanted, and more! The atmosphere is unpretentious, and they have a very pleasant wait staff. The hostess was happy to change our table because we felt a little cramped at our table, and our waitress was timely. Now about the food: I ordered a Jamaican sparkler cocktail that was very yummy, and I chose the Quinoa salad, pork chop, and smore cupcake from the pre fixe Spice menu. Each course was delightful. It was a wonderful experience overall, and I would definitely go back, and I highly recommend anyone give it a try too. It's a happy Holiday!

• Visited August 2013