“Amazing dinner.”

Ranked #69 of 370 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Dorada Coral Gbales is the First & Only Spanish Restaurant in USA to Receive "The International Five Star Diamond Award & "The Five Green Star Award" from The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The dinner here was one of the best meals I have ever had. I really went outside my comfort zone and tried some of the more traditional Spanish fare. Great wine list, mostly Spanish. Very attentive and friendly staff. As we like to do, we spent a few hours here, ordering one course at a time, and they were completely accomodating to our slow/relaxed eating preferences.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had a nice dinner at La Dorada but were taken aback by the price for what you get. Nice atmosphere, good service and a pleasant place to dine. However, portions were small to very small and the food was good but not great. I do not think this justifies the prices at the restaurant. The paella was very uninteresting and would not recommend. I would be reluctant to return to La Dorada, especially since there are so many other choices in the neighborhood that have have good food and service and better value.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I enjoyed dinner at this place last night. The restaurant is well decorated with low light giving you a relaxed atmosphere. They have live music with piano man...

We ordered some frituras malaguenas as appeizer, they were ok. The wine list is very extense but I would ad some italian wines like moscato that are becoming very popular...

We ordered a "dorada fish" cooked in the oven in a salt crust that was delicious!
this method of cooking is amazing due the fish slowly cooks in the oven inside the salt and when they bring it to the table they just break it in fron of you and the fish is not salty at all... It's perfectly done!

The service was impeccable by "Gerardo" who was really nice and professional! He even went extra mile when we ordered dessert fo my girlfriend who was on her birthday and the plate had her name written with a "Happy Birthday and a candle"... The dessert by the way was pretty good (Apple strudel with vanilla ice cream)...

This is a great place for a special ocassion, first date or a family event!!!

If you visit Miami and want to try a good and high end spanish Restaurant you need to go to "La Dorada"...

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to La Dorada, a Spanish restaurant in Coral Gables Florida, because they told us about the good food they serve but… we had to wait more than 20 minutes to be seated, another 15 minutes for the waiter, always with excuses about something in the kitchen (the restaurant was not even medium full) and at last the food arrived. Yes, it is excellent and really expensive. If you do not care about time and money, that is a good place to go.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our attorney recommended this restaurant. We went for dinner. Fish and sea food just superb. And the desserts!!! glorious.

the owner is from Galicia and recited some poems by Rosalia de Castro to us when he learnt my husband's family is also from there.