“Excelent service, good enviroment and classy place to go!”
Review of La Dorada

La Dorada
Ranked #40 of 352 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Dorada Coral Gbales is the First & Only Spanish Restaurant in USA to Receive "The International Five Star Diamond Award & "The Five Green Star Award" from The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences.
Miami
“Excelent service, good enviroment and classy place to go!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I enjoyed dinner at this place last night. The restaurant is well decorated with low light giving you a relaxed atmosphere. They have live music with piano man...

We ordered some frituras malaguenas as appeizer, they were ok. The wine list is very extense but I would ad some italian wines like moscato that are becoming very popular...

We ordered a "dorada fish" cooked in the oven in a salt crust that was delicious!
this method of cooking is amazing due the fish slowly cooks in the oven inside the salt and when they bring it to the table they just break it in fron of you and the fish is not salty at all... It's perfectly done!

The service was impeccable by "Gerardo" who was really nice and professional! He even went extra mile when we ordered dessert fo my girlfriend who was on her birthday and the plate had her name written with a "Happy Birthday and a candle"... The dessert by the way was pretty good (Apple strudel with vanilla ice cream)...

This is a great place for a special ocassion, first date or a family event!!!

If you visit Miami and want to try a good and high end spanish Restaurant you need to go to "La Dorada"...

• Visited February 2013

Miami, Florida
“Good food but too slow service”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to La Dorada, a Spanish restaurant in Coral Gables Florida, because they told us about the good food they serve but… we had to wait more than 20 minutes to be seated, another 15 minutes for the waiter, always with excuses about something in the kitchen (the restaurant was not even medium full) and at last the food arrived. Yes, it is excellent and really expensive. If you do not care about time and money, that is a good place to go.

• Visited February 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“La Dorada”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our attorney recommended this restaurant. We went for dinner. Fish and sea food just superb. And the desserts!!! glorious.

the owner is from Galicia and recited some poems by Rosalia de Castro to us when he learnt my husband's family is also from there.

• Visited January 2013
“Old world Spanish seafood”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The restaurant has white tablecloths, live music, and has an old world ambience. We were immediately hit with the aroma of seafood but in a good way. We had a bottle of Rioja wine for about $45. It was okay but not spectacular. They do have fantastic wines but you will have to spend more than what we did. Wait staff was pleasant and helpful. I asked if they would make Gambas ajilo (shrimp with garlic). It was fantastic and the best thing we ate in my opinion although the sea bass was also sublime. The salad we shared was the scallop salad in a warm vinaigrette on a bed of greens. The scallops wee sliced and sautéed and came with tomatoes (not that fresh) and cucumbers. The dressing was bland and not enough brightness to give it a wow factor. For our entree, we had the sea bass flown in from Spain. I don't know why they have to fly in seafood from Spain three times a week, it is Miami for goodness sakes and seems pretentious. For $35 a person to share the fish cooked in salt, it was good but not GREAT. Perhaps a more local fish would have been better and better value as well. I am skeptical about seafood flown in from Spain three times a week but it was good. For dessert we shared the apples in puff pastry with vanilla bean ice cream. It was good but not particularly memorable. I liked the restaurant and the food. If I go again, I will have to try the paella. All in all, about a 4.5 rating. It is expensive but overly when compared to the prices at the beach for half the quality and taste. Good date place or special occasion.

Visited January 2013
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“AMAZING RESTAURNT”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went here last year with my girlfriend it was such a nice place great food and service i'm going back again this year. 5 star

• Visited February 2012