“Overrated and over priced”
Review of La Dorada

La Dorada
Ranked #67 of 370 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Dorada Coral Gbales is the First & Only Spanish Restaurant in USA to Receive "The International Five Star Diamond Award & "The Five Green Star Award" from The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Three of us visited La Dorada last weekend for dinner, and although the service was terrific the food was overrated and definitely over priced. We had their fish special, two appetizers, a bottle of inexpensive wine and one dessert and the bill was $300. The cod fish was not boneless, which I thought for a restaurant of this category it should have been. Overall, ambience and service were great but the food was just ok.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The food , Delicious.! Theres is no Spanish Cusine Rest. in Miami like this.
The service 5 stars. We went with some friends and
had a wounderful lunch time. Everything is first class.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

With the new Milos restaurant in Miami, la Dorada is the best seafood restaurant in The Miami area. But not only fish, last time we whent they offer me a chickpeas soup, just out of this world. We will come back.

1  Thank aramis29
Reviewed July 22, 2012

With a central location in Coral Gables, this great Spanish food Restaurant offers lunch specials at around $20.00 per person... But that is not all... the quality & quantity of the food is perfect and the service is outstanding. A fantastic option at noon that deserves a visit even if it is not for a business meal...

1  Thank marlecz
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I am American born, Cuban parents, Spanish descent... This food was out of this world! Spanish food never tasted like this before! The chanquetes (Baby white fish) with fried eggs and alioli are just so delicious! What a way to start an unforgettable meal. Then we had a lovely salad (lettuce wedges with an amazing dressing). I don't know if it was on the menu. We wanted a salad and he (the owner or manager?) said he would have something different prepared for us. This was brought with delectibly fried sardines. Wow! I don't even like sardines, but my husband does so we had to try them. They were very good! Main course was la Dorada sea bass. Brought out with vegetables. Amazing! The presentation of how they remove the salt and remove the skin is a treat to watch. For dessert I had crema catalana (comfort food...reminds me of my great grandmother). The food is incredible and the service was very good! No complaints. The wine is a bit overpriced. Dinner for two with a bottle of wine, two desserts and espressos...$240 average. Husband returned on business dinner a few weeks after. and everyone in group was "oh'ing and aw'ing" it was so Good!

1  Thank LandOfJuncoville