WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of La Dorada

La Dorada
Ranked #50 of 325 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: La Dorada Coral Gbales is the First & Only Spanish Restaurant in USA to Receive "The International Five Star Diamond Award & "The Five Green Star Award" from The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences.
Fishers, Indiana
“Very Good Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We dined at La Dorada for the first time. We ordered salad (my husband) and gazapacho (myself), followed by Dorada (sea bream) baked in salt. We had the exact dish in Lisbon a while back, and this was very similar to what we had then. The service was very good, the food was excellent. The pricetag was a bit high, but we thought the whole experience was worth it.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Miami, FL
“Best Paella ever. Best Sea Salt Fish ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

Best Paella ever. Best Ses Salt Fish ever. (Pescado a la Sal) ! Food is always cooked to order. Always perfect ! If you like good spanish food this is the place to eat it in Miami !

newport beach
“Excellent paella”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

Nice choice for authentic Spanish dinner. Service excellent and menu quite varied.

NYC
“True, it is not the best restaurant I've known”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

but I cannot believe the highly critical reviews here are real. Nice decor, very attentive service, and good food. We went for the seafood and while expected more variety, the quality of whatever was ordered was excellent. Btw, not the whole menu was very expensive, there were some cheaper dishes.
So while I cannot claim this was the best seafood I've had, I have no problems recommeding the place.

Miami, Florida
“La Dorada recaptures the lost art of fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

The service here brings back memories of how fine dining used to be. Though I've heard that they are expensive I was pleasantly surprised to see that they are priced quite fairly. In fact, I had the Executive Luncheon and it was under $20 for a 3 course meal which included the best fish I've had. They are the definition of hospitality. Now, I recommend LaDorada the first minute I hear anyone request seafood in Miami.