“A true classic...one of my long-time favorites”
Review of Las Culebrinas - CLOSED

Las Culebrinas
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2012

While I was showing my wife the Miami that I know, I had to take her to Las Culebrinas. The Cuban food...I have yet to find another restaurant that matches the quality and atmosphere.

To be honest, I was a little nervous when we arrived because there was nobody in the restaurant (which I have NEVER seen before.) There was also not any valet parking (again...unusual). But what the heck, we went in...and were not at all disappointed.

The food is still amazing and the service is second to none. It's a true gem for any meal.

2  Thank davidmeyer

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The interior decor is nicely done. Waiters are knowledgable and food is served fast, also the waiter was courteous, efficient and fluent in both Spanish and English ,the food was very good
i definitely recommend it!!!

1  Thank Gigi12Miami
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Close to Vicaya, we stopped here for dinner. First course is hot bread and a lentil soup to die for! We ordered grilled steak and the grilled seafood platter. Yum. Portions are large. The interior decor is nicely done. Waiters are knowledgable and food is served fast. I will be back!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We've been taken to this place by relatives who are regular customers. We liked the mix between Spanish and Cuban cuisines, perhaps missing some authenticity though.
The place is kind of gloomy and a renovation would definitely make it more welcoming.
We started with Spanish tortilla and then ordered grilled octopus, Galician fish casserole and mahi-mahi with smoked ham, served with rice and tasty fried plantains. The sangria is also worth a try - much better than many we had in Spain.
The waiter was courteous, efficient and fluent in both Spanish and English. He was also knowledgeable of the menu and gave us good recommendations.
We enjoyed the whole experience - the food was very good and we definitely recommend it!

1  Thank hazinheira
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Las Culebrinas on West Flagler Street is the best - it is both my husband's and my favorite restaurant!!!! The decor is absolutely charming - it has a small and cozy feel - and the wait staff is fantastic. The food is great - the portions are huge and the prices are very reasonable!!! You got to try it. Las Culebrinas is located somewhere around S W 45 Avenue and West Flagler Street (sorry: we KNOW where it is at - we just do not know the exact address - the restaurant sits on the corner - it is a somewhat small, rounded building)