“Fantastic Dining Experience”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Invited to Las Culebrinas by a friend who highly recommends this restaurant. Billed as a Cuban/Spanish restuarant I challenge you will find an unique, inexpensive and well prepared menu. Not being familiar with this type of cuisine I didn't know what to expect. Every course, from our pre-meal Sangria, our appetizers and entrees were simple and delicious. Service was superior and the prices were extremely reasonable. This restaurant is on my "must go" list. There is something for everyone here.

There are newer reviews for Las Culebrinas

Reviewed January 2, 2012

The manager of the Hotel recommend Us this place and one night we decide to try this place. I would like to say that the combination of flavors, species, condiments and unique cuisin also with a very generous portions make the most delicious experience.
Please try the Spanish sangria in this place...it is really good.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Small hole in the wall place with not more than 10 or 12 parking spots, but definitely a great find.

I am not of Spanish heritage, but I have lived in South Florida for many years and have had Cuban food from a lot of places. All of the traditionally Cuban fare we had was very good, Ropa Vieja was excellent, best I have had.

Other items like calamari were average at best. Then again ordering a fried seafood appetizer in a cuban restaurant, is sort of like going to Starbucks and expecting an excellent omelette.

Some of the other reviewers are right, the service there is slow, and if you do not speak any Spanish at all, you will find you are only able to communicate with a couple of the people there. So don't visit if you are in a rush and embrace the fact that you are in the heart of Coral Gables and a mostly spanish speaking staff is not uncommon there.

Overall good food, and we would definitely revisit.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

If you are looking for Cuban food, this is the one for you.
We dined at the original place, at Flagler Street. All locals go there, and the waiters are original (most of them were there since this restaurant opened its doors for business). Ask the waiter what he recommends (just narrow it down to Beef, pork, seafood, or chicken), and he honestly will recommend to you what is the best. We did not regret when we did that. Do not forget the sangria; it is really good. The price is very reasonable. It is also worth to note that if you are looking for more upscale setting, try the other branch at SW 27th avenue (also name Las Culebrinas), I am not sure the originality of the food is the same, although locals recommended that branch too. Believe me, this is not the same as those eateries at South Beach area that call themselves “Cuban Cuisine”.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

the place is small, one could say cozy, nothing special, but the food: definitely and consistently the best, and I have been going for many years and go to a fair # of Cuban restaurants. The new one by US1 and 27 ave is much nicer and food also good, but somehow its not quite the same. myfavorites: garbanzo and chorizo appetizers, the vaca frita, fufu, and for desert crema catalana.