“Cozy ambience and excellent service”

Maroosh Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 354 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1985, Maroosh Mediterranean Restaurant has served the finest, Mediterranean cuisine in Coral Gables. In this location since 2000, we offer a dining experience unlike any other. We look forward to you visit. Welcome!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've dined here three times in the last month and found the food to be good, the service excellent and the portions very generous. We usually have the 5 appetizer selection and end up going home with leftovers. What we like most about the place is the relaxed, low key atmosphere where we can actually hear ourselves talk on a Friday night in Coral Gables.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been having dinner at Maroosh every Thursday for the last 4 years. Guess that says it all. Food ALWAYS good and dependable. Service always excellent. If you want mediterranean food, this is your best option by far.

1  Thank Carlos A
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I know a bit about arabian food. However, I can ensure that this type of food and this place are great! The service was excellent, they bring the food quickly and the taste is fantastic. The portions are generous.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was not sure what kind of food Maroosh would serve, not having read anything ahead of time. Is it Egyptian? Turkish? Greek?Lebanese?

It turns out it is a little of all of these. I had the tabouleh - fantastic - everyone makes it differently and this is a great version.
The Kabobs were wonderful, and the chicken wings also Really good..

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Fresh, very tasty, simple food served in an environment that does a great job of transporting you.

First we were served spicey hot pickled cauliflower, carrots and olives to munch while we perused the menu. I ordered gyros and steamed broccoli. I received a bread plate full of perfectly steamed (i.e. with a little crunch) broccoli with lemon wedge, and not the usual lamb slivers sliced from a cone shaped slab of meat on a skewer, but nearly shredded lamb that had been simmered in aromatic spices, then tossed with slivered almonds and red onions and served in a shaped and fried thin bread shell. A pool of hummus and a small plastic bowl of cubed cucumber in yogurt sauce accompanied. I could not eat all the meat. I took it back to the hotel and snacked from it 2 more times.

My hubby ordered a Greek salad with lamb. Once again, the lamb was shredded and savory. Hubby ate every bit though he said the salad was good, not great.

The restaurant has a 2nd floor as large as the first with both elevator and stair access. There is a large private party room with what appears to be dining al fresco capabilities. The entire restaurant was clean and neat, including the restroom.

Service was friendly and efficient even as more and more people arrived in small groups. I would easily recommend the Maroosh experience to friends.

2  Thank Highpocketsagain