“Mediterranean - the only way to eat!”

Maroosh Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 352 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1985, Maroosh Mediterranean Restaurant has served the finest, Mediterranean cuisine in Coral Gables. In this location since 2000, we offer a dining experience unlike any other. We look forward to you visit. Welcome!
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Fresh, very tasty, simple food served in an environment that does a great job of transporting you.

First we were served spicey hot pickled cauliflower, carrots and olives to munch while we perused the menu. I ordered gyros and steamed broccoli. I received a bread plate full of perfectly steamed (i.e. with a little crunch) broccoli with lemon wedge, and not the usual lamb slivers sliced from a cone shaped slab of meat on a skewer, but nearly shredded lamb that had been simmered in aromatic spices, then tossed with slivered almonds and red onions and served in a shaped and fried thin bread shell. A pool of hummus and a small plastic bowl of cubed cucumber in yogurt sauce accompanied. I could not eat all the meat. I took it back to the hotel and snacked from it 2 more times.

My hubby ordered a Greek salad with lamb. Once again, the lamb was shredded and savory. Hubby ate every bit though he said the salad was good, not great.

The restaurant has a 2nd floor as large as the first with both elevator and stair access. There is a large private party room with what appears to be dining al fresco capabilities. The entire restaurant was clean and neat, including the restroom.

Service was friendly and efficient even as more and more people arrived in small groups. I would easily recommend the Maroosh experience to friends.

2  Thank Highpocketsagain
There are newer reviews for Maroosh Mediterranean Restaurant

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Have been to this restaurant many times. The food is excellent and the belly dancers on the weekend make it a great overall experience. The appetizers are great. Order an entree or several appetizers. This is just one of those places that always satisfies. Family owned and operated.

1  Thank TheWoldIsNotEnough
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was a good restaurant . Big place , food was good . Chicken Kebabs, lamb curry and dessert Namora was awesome .

1  Thank raul3088
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great place for both lunch and dinner. Their hummus is out of this world. Everything is so fresh and authentic. I don't know what they marinate their chicken in, but it is so moist and delicious. Love their appetizer deluxe which comes with hummus, grape leaves, greek salad and fried kibbeh for lunch. Delicious! It is a hidden gem off the beaten path of Ponce de Leon in Coral Gables.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I stopped here for lunch today after finding this restaurant on Yelp. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but is beautifully decorated on the inside.

As I'm vegetarian, I ordered a greek salad and the spinach pie. The salad wasodtly lettuce with a few bits of tomato and cucumber. There werr only a couple of olives, and the cheese was shredded and didn't have much taste. The spinach pie was four bit sized pies. They were okay, bit not ad filling as I'd hoped for the price. I wish they had some kind of vegetarian sampler plate. My brother ordered the lamb kebab which he said was fine. We had a beer each and our total (pre tip) was $49 which seemed a bit steep to me, but may be on par with Coral Gables restaurant prices.