“Tradition, Tradition, Tradition”
Review of Christy's

Christy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Christy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 352 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Malaga and University
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been going to Christy's , since the early 1980's... Although it changed ownership some years ago, the menu has not. It's a classic local eatery, that you can count on with tradition, and always great service.

The Menu is short and sweet, everything on there is good. There is something to be said abut a restaurant that keeps its menu short, and knows how to prepare what they offer, as opposed to those pages and pages of items, that in the end all taste pretty much the same.

The Ceasar Salad that is served before your main plate is always spectacular. The shrimp are huge, and fresh. The Balck Bean Soup is to die for..

Their Martini's are fantastic..

I personally have my own meat made for me, which is a sliece of fantastic prime rib, which is throw on the grill and seared like a steak.
All the waiters are great, I hold a special place for James, always ask for him when I go, and his service, smile and attitude is always a pleasure.

The desert not to be missed is baked alaska!

Great power lunch place, and a great dinner place.. Don't miss it, it part of the Miami experience..

There are newer reviews for Christy's

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Always a wonderful place to eat ... Have been going there for over 30 year. Never a surprise, always GREAT!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went for their wine tasting and hors d'oeuvres followed by dinner bee opted for burgers with Gorgonzola and caramelized onions (skipping the bacon) with skinny fries. Everything was perfect in a beautiful luxurious atmosphere with excellent service.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were flying to Costa Rica on Christmas Day when American gave us a horrible schedule change. We now had a layover in Miami for six hours! Who wants to spend six hours at an airport!
So we called and got reservations at Christy's in Coral Gables. It was just a quick cab ride away from the airport.
We arrived right when they opened for dinner on Christmas day so the place was not too full. However during dinner it quickly filled up.
I liked this place, it reminded me of a place my parents would love. The classic dark steak house with deep reds and touch of formal. It isn't modern in a good way - it's just a cozy old fashioned dark steak house.
The service was excellent. It was friendly and had a touch of formal. The waiter was attentive.
We had huge shrimp cocktails. We then each had a steak. The steaks were perfect. The were tender and cooked just the way we ordered them. We are two dads and two teenage kids and it didn't take long for us to have four empty plates. We were very happy with the food!
We ate a great Christmas dinner at Christy's and the hostess called a cab for us and we zipped back to MIA and caught our flight to San Jose. It was a great MIA layover!
I will say it's a bit pricey, but it's worth every bite for a special night out.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Christy is an average restaurant. The food is okay, but the decor is outdated. The prices are average for the area.

Been to Christy's? Share your experiences!