“Pure Delight on a Monday Night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swine Southern Table and Bar

Swine Southern Table and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Swine Southern Table and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 321 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Miracle Mile
Description: With a man cave feel and in-house smoker that can be smelled from a block away, Swine has received a warm welcome to the Coral Gables neighborhood. Maintaining the same top-notch techniques and standards of hospitality as its sister restaurant, Swine offers a constantly evolving food and beverage menu that work together to create the perfect Southern meal in a down-home, feel good environment. "From the moment you walk in the door, you are completely transported out of Miami," Kunkel says. "Swine provides a full dining experience with an interior that reflects the refinement of the South." It feels barn-like because it is in fact made from reclaimed wood of an actual barn in South Carolina. Housed inside is the state-of-the-art smoker and wood-fired grills, adding a signature flavor and level of authenticity unique to the restaurant.
Miami, Florida
“Pure Delight on a Monday Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The brick, antique barn wood, and leather interior is warm and intimate, the wait staff is friendly, helpful, and efficient, and the southern cuisine explores new directions without losing its distinctive roots. Our 14-hour smoked brisket was excellent, and Hoppin' Jack, substituting rabbit for the traditional bacon in Hoppin' John, was outstanding. Kale salad was the best on the planet.

Monday night deserves a special place on your Swine calendar -- discounted bourbon everywhere and live music upstairs. The night we were there the Jay Valor Band set the perfect mood with lay-back, conversation-friendly blues and country.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
John K, Owner at Swine Southern Table and Bar, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hi DN,

Thank you for taking the time to review Swine. We're so glad you enjoyed our new Bourbon & Blues night on Mondays and hope to have you back again soon for another out-of-this-planet Kale Salad.

“Best Mistake Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for a Heat game and had planned to dine at a recommended Spanish seafood restaurant. Unfortunately, when we arrived we found it did not open until later in the evening, too late for us to make it to the game. I consulted trip advisor for nearby restaurants and came upon Swine. Since we were early, we were seated right away. The waiter gave knowledgeable recommendations and the service was excellent. And then came the food!!! We started with clams and crispy pig tails and it was phenomenal. I used the bread to soak up as much the clam broth as possible and considered drinking from the bowl! Our meals were just as delicious. I had the best brisket I have ever put in my mouth and my husband had the hangar steak with bone marrow custard. I demolished the cheese grits that came with my brisket and I don't typically even like grits! I am so glad the Spanish place was closed!!! Swine was so good we returned for lunch and dessert the next day. We split a Ruben made with pastrami made right there at Swine and a sticky bun with sweet potato ice cream and candied bacon. Go to Swine!!! Go for lunch. Go for dinner. I can't wait to return for weekend brunch!!!

John K, Owner at Swine Southern Table and Bar, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hi alytell,

Thank you for taking the time to review Swine. We're so glad you stumbled upon us and enjoyed everything. Looking forward to having you and your husband back again soon to try our brunch!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had heard good things about Swine but wow, don't miss this treat. We tried unsuccessfully to get dinner reservations (think ahead for this one) and had to settle for brunch which was still jammed. The manager David had to do a bit of shuffling to accommodate our large group. Thanks David! With our large group we tried as many dishes as we could and shared the feast.
I've been known to judge a restaurant by it's burger and this pork patty "Swine" burger is one of the best you will ever get to put in your mouth. The brisket steak and eggs was simply melt in your mouth and the country fried bacon and waffles was great. Everything that ended up on our table was perfectly prepared and delicious. The menu is creative and the combinations of tastes on each plate were really enjoyable. Portions were healthy in size but not grossly over the top.
For as busy as they were the service was great and very friendly.

This one gets a five burgers from me and I can't wait to try the other two restaurants owned by this group. The Yard Bird and Kong River House are both in South Beach and on my list, but I'd drive from Key West to east at Swine again.

• 5 of 5 stars
John K, Owner at Swine Southern Table and Bar, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hi BambooH2O,

Thank you for taking the time to review Swine. We're so glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us and found our Swine Burger among the best. Please come see us again soon for lunch or dinner and be sure to check out our sister restaurants.
“Really a Must Try!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

okay, I ate at Swine with some clients last week and enjoyed everything from the rare bourbon to the dessert.The wait staff table side and at the bar were great with the small exception that our martini was not as ordered. No big deal when considered the rest of the experience was super. The apps of burnt ends, pig cheeks and sausage was outstanding with the small side of mac n cheese. The rare/hard to find bourbon (PVW) was a great compliment to our meal. The rabbit was outstanding, the brisket with side of corn slaw and grits was on par with some BBQ I have had in Kansas and Texas. Obviously when you think the Gables you don't think of BBQ. I believe this is owned by the same group which owns a Thai place (Khong River...) on Miami Beach. I recommended this place to everyone I know and hope they open one near Ft. Lauderdale one day.

Hi TonyK,

Thank you for taking the time to review Swine. We're so glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us and our sister restaurant Khong River House. Please come see us again soon for another round of Pappy and be sure to check out our other sister spot, Yardbird Southern Table & Bar.
Boston, MA
“Bacon in All Its Glory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you want to overindulge in yummy Southern goodness, this is the place to do it. I started my night with the Swine Old-Fashioned, which has bacon-washed bourbon. Yep, that's right. You know the evening is going to go well when the friendly bartender tells you how the bourbon is soaked in bacon fat, which makes it more healthy for you. But of course!

We went with a large group, which was perfect because we were able to sample so many dishes. We had pork cheeks, kale salad, brisket, ribs, shrimp and grits, crispy Brussels sprouts, mac & cheese, and country fried bacon & waffles. That country fried bacon was the most amazing dish: we ordered two of them and could have eaten three more. Bacon. Fried like chicken-fried steak. Melt-in-the-mouth delicious. I'm hungry again just writing about it. Even the dishes at which people turned up their noses (kale? Brussels sprouts? But we just want pork) were devoured. I have never had a Brussels sprout that good and even my sprouts-hating husband couldn't get enough of them.

For dessert we had two of the specials (a banana-fosters-pudding dish), cookies & milk, the sticky icky bun, and chocolate hunka burnin lava cake. My biggest regret is that I didn't order the swine shake. Every bit of dessert was gobbled up.

As a bonus, the service was excellent. The servers, bartender, and manager were all friendly and helpful in deciding what to order. The atmosphere is light-hearted and fun. And I absolutely cannot wait to go back! Swine is a South Florida treat not to be missed!

Hi jbrown,

Thank you for taking the time to review Swine. We're so glad you and your group thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience with us and look forward to having you back again soon for more bacon!