“Great food! Beautiful Cuban decor”
Review of Azucar - CLOSED

Azucar
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went for the first time, and tried a sampling of tamales, masitas, yuca fritas. This really took me back in time when I as little and my family would make these dishes, not everyone can make authentic cuban dishes, my compliments to the chef!

The bar was beautifully design and the decor of old Cuba was wonderful to see, good taste in the design of this restaurant. They had live music, full of cuban dance songs which was wonderful to hear again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We visited this past Friday for happy hour and wind up staying for dinner. The service was excellent, lead by Spencer the bartender. The appetizers were all good and fresh, as well as the large Cuban sandwich which we split. We ate at the bar, a beautiful and very traditional Cuban bar. The live music was Cuban, traditional Cuban music, by Havana Soul, inviting one to dance. The place was packed and very lively. The wine list by the glass can use some improvement by adding more French and Spanish wines, but everything else was very good. They take care of every detail and you can tell that they want their food to be the best. Service could not be better. We will definitely be coming back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I go to Azucar every Friday the atmosphere is just incredible from the friendly staff to the incredible and I mean the incredible food. I'm Cuban and this is the best Cuban food I have had and the desserts are awesome this restaurant is my home away from home if you want great time swing by especially on Friday you won't be sorry.

1  Thank Acrespo79
Reviewed May 14, 2013

As a Cuban American born and raised in Miami but living in Marco Island , It's hard to keep up with the Miami Crowd and new spots. I will share that I have found a home away from home!
This Restaurant/Bar/Dance club is an amazing place to come and eat real Cuban Cuisine by an amazing Chef Nick! You can feel the fun and dedication that the owners have for Azucar.
If you want to have an amazing time, dance , fun and eat Cuban Cuisine this is the place to be in Coral Gables, my favorite is Friday Nights! Highly Recommended!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great food, service is very friendly, the prices are very affortables and best of all the lovely music made the place very fin to be.