“exceeded my expectations”

Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We walked by the restaurant and looked at the menu posted in the window. It looked good but the restaurant has a wall with wave pattern, which changes color every minute or so and since I can't imagine eating food that is purple, then red, then green, etc, I didn't feel like entering. So we walked around a bit more and still ended up back at this restaurant. So we asked for a table as far as possible from the colored wall. We weren't very hungry so we ordered the entree right away. My brother had the Corvina and I had the Lomo Saltado. Though not Haute Cuisine, we were both delighted with our meal, excellent taste, very well prepared. And while sitting ther we saw all kinds of very nice looking appetizers passing by. This is really worth a second visit. Thank you! Costazul staff, for your friendly service, good food and reasonable prices. Tip: punch the address into your GPS, because it is in a paralel road to Miracle Mile in Coral Gables. We found it by chance while looking for a parking space.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food is outstanding. The service is very good. South Florida is full of Peruvian Restaurantes, have tried several and this one by far is the best. The place is nice and compared to other ones the price value makes very good sense. We had a little misunderstanding in reference to a gift card and the owner contacted us before we even got to our car. Her explanation was more than acceptable and she even went out of her way to make it a better experience. I believe this is reflected in the quality of the place every minute. This is the first time I post a review on a restaurant and happy to do so this time.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This peruvian resturant is small with only 14 tables. We tried it with a group on and had to make in advance reservations since they only take a fewgroup ons every night. I enjoyed that we got to select from the regular menu instead of a group on menu. We started with the seafood cerviche which was crisp and tany. The portions were enough for two people. For dinner we had the sirlion tips with soy sauce and an asian spice. It was delcious but not very spicy. Thefish was also well cooked and tasty. For dessert we had the creme brule which was rich and creamy. I thought that the wine list was limited and the glass of wine tend to be expensive. However, we enjoyed dinner very much.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

As a rule, fresh and flavorful seafood dishes are found by the coast, but here the rules don't apply! I have heard that Peruvians knew their seafood, but was I wrong.. this place can compete with the best of Venice, Italy in the way the food is presented and how delicious it is!
Our waiter Mike was very patient and pleasant with our many questions. We had a really, really great ceviche, an exquisite warm fish and other seafood & white wine soup called Parihuela as starters. For main dishes we had a mouth-watering Corvina Costazul and Picante de Mariscos --not your regular "frutti di mare", but dishes that you have to eat them slowly to feel that 'Ahhhhh' sensation that something really nice is in your mouth. I cannot forget to mention the mango martinis...just can't have only one!! And finally, to top it all off, we ordered a Peruvian only delicacy called Suspiro Limegno that unfortunately I shared with my wife...big mistake because I had to fight her over for a bite of this delicious sweet dessert. South Florida and the keys have many excellent and moderately price seafood places, but this hidden treasure is among the best there are.