“A place for those that appreciate flavors and fresh ingredients”
Review of Eating House

Eating House
Ranked #14 of 349 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“A place for those that appreciate flavors and fresh ingredients”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is a true gem in Coral Gables. It caters people that care about the quality, freshness, creativity and flavors in food. This is not a place for those looking for hype. The locale is very simple. This is for people that like the real thing in food. It has great wines at affordable prices. The grilled Brussels sprouts are something to go there over and over again. Net net: a place for foodies. Tip: make a reservation. There are just a few tables,

• Visited August 2014

Miami, Florida
“Overrated”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Holy overrated restaurant! I wasn't even a little impressed by this place. This was a huge disappointment especially since I've heard such wonderful things. Maybe we ordered the wrong entrees? Who knows.

First, we walk in and the place is tiny. Ok that's not a big deal. The hostess informs us that we can sit at the bar immediately OR wait 45 minutes for a table. Umm no-brainer...bar it is! We went for breakfast and I had the guava/cheese torrejas and my BF had the cinnamon french toast something. If you don't mind a diabetic coma, these are definitely the dishes for you. The torrejas would be great if they didn't add sugar to the cream cheese drizzle on top of the already super sweet guava! We ordered a side of bacon to kill a little of the sugar taste we couldn't shake off. Big mistake! The bacon had maple all over it. Normally this would be an amazing discovery but I was already grossed out by all the sugar I had with the torrejas.

Maybe their dinner is better? Unfortunately I'll never know because I have no intention of going back.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank nbermond
Coral Gables, Florida
“Really interesting and unique”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are here last night and loved it. The space is small and interesting. I didn't feel crowded in. The service was friendly and informative. The restaurant was also busy and lively. Now to the food. We tried several dishes. Marinated olives - amazing. Heirloom tomatoes - unique. Chicken and waffles- yummy. Beef short ribs - the best and our favorite. There's a lot more to try such as shrimp and grits. Can't wait to go back to try more dishes.

New York City, New York
“Unique!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

It is not easy to standout in Coral Gables with so many options. Eating House is a Latin fusion restaurant with a limited menu but offering something interesting for everyone. The menu changes frequently to keep up with the seasons but is always interesting and fun. The service is great, the ambiance is casual and relax.

Jupiter, Florida
“Lunch in Coral Gables”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was fortunate to have an opportunity to try this restaurant recently with my husband. Our waitress recommends the crispy brussels sprouts, which were amazing! Crispy with a sweet soy sauce and shallots, bacon and sesame seeds, they were fantastic!

The waitress also recommended the carbonara burger, which my husband ordered, and I got the arepa topped with short-ribs, goat cheese and pickled onion. I took one bite of my husband's burger right after he tasted it, and almost cried that I hadn't ordered it! He graciously agreed to split his lunch with me, and I split mine with him. Don't get me wrong, mine was great, but the carbonara burger is spectacularly amazing!! It sits on bacon and is topped with grana padano and black truffles and a fried egg. The combination is unbelievable!! This is the best burger I have ever eaten!!! The short-rib arepa was also very good, and the combination of the short-ribs and goat cheese and pickled onions was amazing.

This restaurant also has a great selection of interesting beers. We will definitely go back. And I'll dream about that burger until I can have it again. A whole one next time!!!

• Visited July 2014