“my "go to" place for great food.”
Review of Eating House

Eating House
Ranked #18 of 360 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I keep going back, over and over again. Food is delicious. My first lunch there was today ( they started serving lunch not too long ago). The ceviche was delicate and very well balanced with well developed flavors. I also loved creamy pumpkin bisque... what a treat. I am looking forward to my dinner tonight: Take out pastrami sandwich. I love their service: for me it's like going to a friend's house for lunch... and to top it off, to be spoken to in Portuguese is a special touch.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is excellent. Very casual. They have a small menu and you can't make any changes or requests because the chef has a very specific way he wants his food. I had the best soup I have ever had. Everyone loved their dishes. The waiter really pushed a dessert on us that they are famous for - dirt cup- no one really wanted it and then no one could stop eating it! He was right - it was amazing.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Perfect spot to enjoy really good food with friends.
We had the tempura of broccoli, the carbonara with truffles, and the scallops. Very good products, large portions and above all: it is really delicious!
Waiters were very friendly (and offered a glass of wine).
I've heard they have a delicious brunch too... can't wait to go back!
The place is small, but the atmosphere is really nice (much nicer than in those trendy freezing cold loud techno type of restaurants that you find anywhere in Miami).

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went with friend for Sunday brunch. They opened at noon, so the line to enter was half a block. Lucky we had reservations. Friendly attentive staff, They know their menu and what the dishes are. Very innovative cuisine. Great addition to Coral Gables

Reviewed September 9, 2013

A loud group of 8 were celebrating a birthday when we walked in this place on a Friday evening. Reservations are mandatory in this little restaurant…you don’t want to wait outside in the hot Miami nights. Well, little in size, but I must say that we were surprised by the well-oiled-machinery in place. In no time we’re seated, menus at hand and orders ready to be taken by our cordial, efficient and pleasant and never-tired-of- answering questions super waiter Nicholas. I learned how to make the Carbonara in Italy, therefore, I can tell you that these people do good Italian among other great new dishes. No, the prices are not cheap but not irrational either, just right for plates prepared and checked for quality before it reaches you. All in our group were delighted by the food and drinks. If I can criticize them, I’d recommend they have their waiting guests to wait outside the restaurant and not standing by the door, who frequently bother the people seating close there. All in all, a very good place to eat and meet.