New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“rA unique meditarranian eating experience set in a Coral Gables paradise.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suma - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Suma
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Miami
“rA unique meditarranian eating experience set in a Coral Gables paradise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have had several meals at Suma over the last couple of months. Their service, environment, and above all the food did not disappoint. All the soups I tasted were supurb ie, the lentil and vegatble, the miso soup, and the chef's daily special-french onion soup were divine. As an exercise physiologist and nutritionist I found the soups to be very tasty yet healthy because they were not ladden with salt and fat. I ordered the Kiibby which was moist and succulent, unlike many other places where the kibby is greasy and tasteless. The fried calamari is not to be missed as well. It is lightly breaded and served with sundried tomotoes and crumbled blue cheese. The grilled calamari is also excellent. It is prepared in a white wine butter sauce with is so light you would never mind eatting the calories. The hummus and pita bread is not to be missed as well. There are alot of hummus varities but I found this one very pleasing to the palatte. I found their wine list to be adequate. I tasted the surf and turf kabobs which were surprising tasty and flavored very gently so as not to overwhelm that meals. I can't recomment this place more. Please don't miss it when you travel into the gables. Dine there and have a pleasant view and soak in the Coral Gables history.

• Visited March 2012