“Perfect date night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cibo Wine Bar

Cibo Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cibo Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 325 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Cibo Wine Bar brings authentic rustic Italian flare blended with a vibrant nightlife and has become the new hot spot on the Miracle Mile. This Italian eatery and wine bar, created by the Liberty Entertainment Group, offers traditional Italian fare in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. With Liberty Group at the helm for their second venue in Miami, the attention to detail is flawless and the food delicious.
Miami
“Perfect date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stumbled upon a Groupon for this restaurant and had heard some good reviews so I went ahead and got it. I am SO glad my boyfriend and I discovered Cibo. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful, it makes you feel like you aren't in Miami. Our waitress (Nancy) was FANTASTIC. She was very attentive and recommended an excellent bottle of wine. The manager came over 2 times to check on us. I'm not sure why some people have mentioned poor service, I haven't had such good service at a restaurant in quite some time.

We started our meal with the Mozzarella di Buffala, the mozzarella was so fresh it literally melted in your mouth. I had the penne with chicken in pink vodka sauce and it was so good. It made me feel like I was back in Italy. Everything was just so fresh.

The atmosphere is lovely, the food is delicious, the service is fantastic, we will definitely be back!

miami
“Awesome Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We usually go to Cibo on Thursdays, definitely you must come to this place at the mile and make sure you try their Gorgonzola and Salmone Pizza, their Penne in pink Vodka is a great Option if you are into pasta and you must try their Tiramisu, Luca one of the managers is great to this place, his service makes everything so much better!!!
KEEP CALM AND GO TO CIBO

Visited February 2013
Miami, Florida
“Great Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you are in the Coral Gables area, this place is fantastic for happy hour. The ambiance is great, is not too crowded and the drinks are great! They have a great variety of appetizers and the service is superb!

They have a huge room full of wine bottles and an attendant that is literally hanging around looking for wine bottles. It is pretty neat! Definitely give it a go if you are in the area.

Orlando, Florida
“Best Italian in Florida, Beats NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

If you want Italian, this is the REAL deal. ONE pizza serves two. Making this an unbeatable price for such a nice atmosphere and restaurant. It won't cost $30 a head if you order the pizza, and it is truly incredible. I've been to Italy, and this sure as hell comes VERY close. Also, get the Negroni if you're up for a strong, real Italian, beverage. Bar available. Service was outstanding! Even spoke some Italian to the manager!

Florida
“Great food, nice decor, and in the heart of the Gables.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Don't get mislead by the name "wine bar". The place is a full scale restaurant. It has a peculiar layout, elongated, sort of large scale bistro. The decor is very homey and warm, from the lights to the stone in the walls. Comfortable, relaxing, looked like we were on to something good.

The waiter served some complimentary olive oil and olives: can't go wrong with that!

Wine: I found a good offering at $40.00 for a Dolcetto D'Alba "Pio Cesare", 2011. It's a red that I would define medium bodied, with a consistency and thickness that might resemble some Sangiovese. It was a good bottle, not outstanding but good and at good price, especially if you consider we are in Miracle Mile, Coral Gables (when will you learn, West Palm Beach and Boca??).

We met one of the owners, Tullio, Canadian of Italian origins (he speaks good Italian) and he was very nice and came to our table several times. The nice conversation we had with him made the red wine taste even better, as always.

Ambience, service and atmosphere all get a point in favor. Little minus when it comes to details: no salt and pepper on the tables.

Appetizer: arugula with endive, sliced portobello mushrooms in lemon vinagrette. It was good, not excellent, it needed a little salt and pepper, it was well thought, but slightly bland. Actually, "bland" sounds too bad, let's say it needed a bit of personality. But hey, it's a green salad and it is supposed to be light (I was still half full from the night before at Caffe Vialetto - see my review on that if you wish).

I then ordered Farfalle (butterfly shaped pasta for those 3 readers who don't know) with spinach and capers. Let me tell you something: it was fresh, nicely balanced and what I needed as I was looking to eat something lighter than the night before. It was a very nice dish, the pasta perfectly al dente. Note: we had to wait some time to get it, so it looks like they do less pre-cooking than other places. Another plus!

Even better was my wife's entree. She ordered one of the specials, and it was Orata with mashed potato and spinach. I know Orata from Italy, in Trieste it's a classic fish and this one was up to par with those we used to get on the east side of the Atlantic: tender, tasty meat, little dressing, as it should be, and it was really a hit. Nice job with the potatoes and spinach as well: simple things, but well done and with some care.

By the way, Orata (Dorada if you are hispanic) is the gilt-head sea bream. It is not a sea bass, as some places will tell you. The European Sea Bass is called branzino, another great fish... but now I am wandering around.

Dessert was a tiramisu version that they make, which has ice cream inside. Not the original thing, but it was good and refreshing.

After dinner, came the espresso and we enjoyed some Grappa, which was perfect and was I expect they have in Italian restaurants that want to be considered "Italian". The grappa Brunello was my favorite, so after dinner we sat outside at another table in a breezy, cool night and sipped though a few shots of the distilled liquor.

A great experience, good service, great food, grappa (hey, I am Italian, it is a plus factor for me) and we met Tullio as said, one of the owners, very nice guy and we will definitely be back there next time we are in Miami.