“Very Good!”

and 1 more site!
Gables Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would come back. Nice decor. Nice people. Willing to help. Best price. Great convenient location. Near everything. Came for a course exam. Enterprise car rental came and picked me up. Whole foods and public have decent take out food. CVS is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge and microwave and second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I came here to visit my son, a student at the U of Miami. It is very convenient to the University, and provides a basic clean and large room with continental breakfast for a relatively inexpensive price. I didn't go expecting much because most of the time I was not going to be in the hotel, I was going to be outside, so I just looked for the cheapest place to stay. The staff was very helpful, and if you are looking for OK accomodations for an inexpensive price, this place should do just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, since the front rooms are closer to the highway and you can hear the car...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judyberk
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Don't stay. Sleep in your car! The curtains were okay, but I was afraid to touch them. The people in the parking lot scared me. We were only given one wash rag and one hand towel. We both would have enjoyed our own.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Gaukie
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here for a night as late & couldn't find anywhere else with a vacancy on the highway. Very noisy, door wouldn't close properly, couldn't plug sink . We aren't fussy but can't really say anything positive about this place. We had been travelling for 3 months & this was the worst place we stayed. Stayed on Miami Beach the night after for less money

Room Tip: Don't stay at the front as very noisy all night from the road & the train
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lynn R
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Overpriced, old, ugly, loud, feels dirty - I could not sleep at all. I am not sure that it is even leagal to run a place like it. Don't ever go there.
It is disgrace to over poplw such place. We were scared all night long.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kamila b
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We booked this place because it was close to where my family was staying. I don't think you can find cheaper in the area. It seems to be in a pretty safe location, a little run down. The room was pretty clean, I did find some hair on the comforter, and I don't think it was cleaned to the standards of a high quality hotel. But for $100 a night in this area you can't expect much. The bed was rather uncomfortable as well. If you are looking at this place for a place to sleep for a short period of time I would recommend it. Anything other than that I would pay the extra $ to be more comfortable. The one real positive thing was the staff, they were very helpful and nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GlobeTrotter11112
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We took this motel because of the price and location but it is really terrible. It is very loud, located on main street. There is no lobby and when you exit your room you are directly at the street. It is very humid inside for some reason so all of my clothes stunk!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple