New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Creative menu and good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Route 9 - CLOSED

Route 9
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Navarre & Majorca
Miami, Florida
“Creative menu and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Had the burrata on toast with figs and then the amazing duck confit with lentils. My wife had pasta which was also delicious. Great wine selection. Slightly slow service (but nice people). The desserts are the weak link. For example, the banana cream pie was dry and could have used a lot more caramel sauce. Overall a very good restaurant with a unique, creative menu. Great additional to the Coral Gables dining scene.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank BramStoker

Miami
“Great Food and Very Friendly Service...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just went for lunch and enjoyed a lovely meal. Tomato soup; duck confit sandwich on brioche; mahi sandwich with fried green tomatoes; order of fries. Fabulous!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
miami
“Unique food, friendly staff, excellent quaility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have been 2x for dinner and my sever remembered what I ordered from my 1st visit. Kale salad and pork chop are excellent. I have been 3x for lunch as well. Salad with the fried egg on top is unique and tasty, tomato soup won't disappoint, cookies with milk...yum.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank eldfsu
Miami, Florida
“Genuine Tuscan Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Route 9 was suggested by Miami Friends. Does not look like much from the street and the interior is simple and non discript. However the food is the key and it was excellent. No spaghetti with red meat sauce here, but genuine Tuscan cooking with fresh produce and excellent service. Our delicious bread basket was kept full, wine glasses filled, and excellent presentation of great food. Best part of all was that the cost was not the typical Miami overpriced fare. Dinner for 4 with appetizers, wine, entrees, and dessert for $200. I was surprised at how good the food was and We would return. I recommend the peanut butter chocolate dessert! Baked goat cheese with olives was excellent. The menu changes often, so ask for recommendations

1 Thank Joseph F
Miami
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food and service in a while...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I decided to try out Route 9 tonight since my parents have been recommending it to us for some time now. I must say we were quite surprised not only by the great food, but by the fantastic service from our waiter! He had us laughing, and gave outstanding customer service. If only all of our outings in Miami had that combo, we would be more prone to eating out more! Clone him!..lol...As we will surely return soon!

• Visited June 2012