Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
$139
  • Restaurant
$100
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
$87
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

Hotel St. Michel(Coral Gables)
$118
$95
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Aloft Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
$93
Gables Inn(Coral Gables)
$89
$109
Wishes Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
$69
TripAdvisor
$279
Hotel Ponce De Leon(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
All reviewsmiracle milefront deskspiral staircaserooftop poolwithin walking distancevalet parkingoffice buildingroom servicebeautiful hotelbusiness tripvalet staffcommon areassouth beachper daynice areasitting areamiami airport
Reviewed January 14, 2011

More old style than we normally go for but handy to business area although out of the way from south beach/
we had a room near the elevator which was very noisy (beware).
To be fair the manager was very understanding & provided a free breakfast (very tasty too !!)
which was a nice response..

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
WestinCoralGables, General Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2011

On behalf my Ambassadors at Service Express thank you for taking the time to right a review on Tripadvisor! My apologies that you could hear some elevator noise but I do believe we have the best location in the Gables and we are not far from anything...even South Beach. Please contact me directly if your travels bring you back to the Gables and I will insure your stay is an inspired one! Also I would love you to try our Brand new Normans 180 Restaurant on your next stay!

Be Well

Reviewed January 9, 2011

This hotel was very inconvenient for anyone on vacation in Miami for the first time. It was a $35 cab ride (about 30 min by taxi) one way to South Beach and downtown Miami (not "nearby"). The hotel was under construction so not very aesthetically pleasing. It took about 3/4 of a block to get to the ONE elevator. The fire alarm going off in the middle of the night made the 9 flight descent down the stairs even more infuriating when the few of us outside did not see any fire truck or any of the staff outside. We all walked to the front of the building and went back in. We arrived at the front desk where the staff were chatting amongst themselves and when asked about the alarm, said "it's ok". Why wasn't an announcement made over the speakers? The hotel accentuated a "spa-like lifestyle" and lo and behold no spa. When asked about spa services we were told they would call out to some random place to have service in your hotel room (a bit sketchy). Imagine our surprise when we walked outside and right next to the hotel is a spa....why wouldn't the concierge mention this? Outside the hotel, there are a few shops on Miracle Mile but, frankly, it all pales in comparison to South Beach and downtown Miami which is where the real tourist attractions are. The hotel does not provide a free shuttle to the airport like most hotels, and instead promoted their $16 flat rate with the taxis. Interestingly enough, when we got an honest cab driver, he dropped us off at the airport rental car area for only $13. There are also many small amenities like free wi-fi ($12.95 fee a day) or vending machines that you would come to expect at a 2 star hotel like Holiday Inn Express let alone a "4 star" hotel. My advice is to either 1)get one of the upscale hotels in South Beach or downtown Miami or 2)stay at the Holiday Inn Express...at least you'll get your money's worth.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Bookbag429, let me first apologize that your stay here at the Westin did not live up to your expectation. We are located in the Gables which many guests appreciate as the destination versus a springboard to other areas of Miami including South Beach. I do apologize if you were led to believe otherwise on location. We did in fact have some minor construction in our lobby as we changed our reception area and added a gift shop (you had mentioned we do not have vending machines) which did occur over the Holidays and was just completed on Jan 15th. I did feel we provided ample ambiance in our front living room during this time frame We do have Westin Spa services at the ready for our guests but it is an in -room versus spa setting which is a Westin standard. I understand cab fare is a flat rate of $16 to the airport, if you travel somewhere outside of that..car rental return center you are on the meter. Again my apologies that you did not feel you got the value for your stay here in Coral Gables.

Reviewed December 31, 2010

Very discourteous and unfriendly staff. My family was very disturbed in the way we were treated. I have stayed in many Westins and this was the worst experience. Will not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank User77777

Thank you for taking the time to respond on tripadvisor about your recent stay here in Coral Gables. I am very sorry that you were treated abrubtly by any Ambassador on my staff as we take alot of pride in our small boutique hotel feel with freindly accomodating associates. I would have an interest in hearing what happened during your interaction with one of my Service Express agents so that proper training may occur...I can be reached at gm@westincoralgables.com. Once again my apologies that your stay was not inspiring. Be well and hoping to hear from you soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2010

When we arrived, Maria Camparo the front desk rep kindly checked us in. However, given the four diamond status, we were surprised at the stains on the seats & couch. The concierge, Tyler and Maria were very nice and quickly switched our rooms. We were also given comp breakfast tickets for the inconvenience. The staff all around the hotel were very nice and accommodating (including the restaurant Norman's 180). We enjoyed our stay very much and loved the breakfast in Norman's :)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Upon arriving in Miami on a late flight, American Airlines lost my husband luggage which put us in a crumpy mood to say the least. However, after arriving to the hotel after midnight, George, the front desk clerk, did everything that an excellent CSR could do. He was extremely courteous, sympathetic to our situation, upgraded us to a nice room and was very professional. This all made perfectly good sense to me, once I met the front desk manager, Joshua Norris. We wanted to pay cash and reverse the credit card charges, however, the credit card people was giving us a hard time. Joshua were persistant with callbacks to the company until the charges was reverse before we went on our cruise. This is an example of awsome and exemplary service that stemed from management down to his staff. Thank you for such extraordinary service at such a critical and nerve-wretching time during our vacation.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
WestinCoralGables, General Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

Thanks so much for your positive gift of feedback! I will insure both George and Josh are recognized for their efforts to turn an unfortunate incident to a positive outcome. In these times it's so easy for people to only recognize the negatives of travel, thanks for taking the time to recognize a couple of my ambassadors who make a difference.

Be Well and Hope to see you back in the Gables soon!