“My BEST Hotel experience EVER! ” 5 of 5 stars

The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“My BEST Hotel experience EVER! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely phenomenal customer service! I worked in the gables for years and always knew the Westin was a beautiful and high end hotel but I never knew how incredible the rooms and the pool area were!

The pool alone....OMG it's gorgeous! Open air kind of rooftop....not exactly the top of the building but about 11 floors up, pretty wicker chairs to lay out on, jacuzzi, white fabric couches and canopied day beds, and the coolest 3 person hammock lounge area(see pic). The rooms are very clean, modern, and I love that they even have a catalog of the items in the room for purchase. You know you've stayed somewhere and wanted to buy the linens or blankets. Now you can! And btw, the "heavenly" robe is just that...it's the softest material I have ever felt!

Our stay was beyond perfect! I was ecstatic when I booked through priceline express deals and got the room for a good price AND discovered it was the Westin AND it was pet friendly! I expected to call and have to pay an additional deposit for our 2 dogs, but nope! Just signed a waiver and they were welcomed with milkbones and a special do not disturb hanger that specified there were dogs in the room. We originally planned on staying one night but after falling in love with the hotel, I called the front desk to see about staying another night. Mind you, this weekend was the very first time my husband and I were without our 2 boys(under 2 years old) and was my best friends wedding. I explained our reason for staying and also confessed our horrible current living situation in my mom's old garage(super hot, no bathroom, small quarters) and he was nice enough to search online along with me for any promo offers or deals. He, btw, was the front desk manager Josh and was so kind and understanding of our situation and desire to stay an extra night. He went well above his way to get us an amazing deal and ended up getting us a better room at a price fitting our budget. He then asked if we didn't mind waiting an hour or two for the chance to get a suite! Of course we said we could wait! I had a show to see at the miracle theatre anyway, and by the time I returned to the hotel, I picked up our new keys to our insane king suite with balcony!

For years my husband and I used to hang out behind the bar on giralda and look up at those balconies and imagine how luxurious the rooms must be and wish we could stay there one day. Now we were standing in the very same balcony, looking down at the back of the bar! The suite had a separate area across from the plush king bed, with a couch(including pull out bed), chair, coffee table, desk, dresser with flat screen tv and the balcony with panoramic city view. The bed area had it's own flat screen tv too and the bathroom was gorgeous and sent you to a rainforest when you showered under the rainfall showerhead. Josh also sent us an extra empty refrigerator for our perishables since our kids were returning to us for the night. He completed our perfect dream stay by granting us late check out and included free wifi in the suite as well.

I will be forever grateful for all that Josh did for us because we would never in our lives be able to afford that suite, and we have always dreamt of experiencing it and all it's glorious amenities.

I absolutely recommend the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables and suggest joining the rewards program offered by the company...Starwood Preferred Guest so you can earn points for your stays and become qualified for member upgrades and benefits. The only bad part of my stay was having to leave. My husband nearly had to drag me out kicking and screaming!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michelle L
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Good Morning Michelle L.,

Thank you for your amazingly kind words! We are delighted that you finally got a chance to experience our Westin and everything it has to offer! We will be sure to inform the front office Manager, Josh, that his attentive service is much appreciated. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Coral Gables. Be Well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Palmdale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I am a platinum member and although I don't expect to be treated like royalty, I do expect a bit of service for my level as a member, such as a refreshment center in my room, a welcome drink, such as fresh juice or a split of champagne. I had neither - although my colleagues' who checked a few hours later were offered champagne at check in. My first room was one heck of a hike from the elevator and the chairs were dirty, so I requested another room - this one was better yet I needed to ask for a refrigerator. I also had no robe and the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom. Needed new carpet and drapes. I do have to say that the bed was wonderful, very comfortable. I will say that the staff is wonderful and very friendly and helpful! Rene' from room service was perfect! The staff at the restaurant is attentive and friendly (but you lady bartenders need to realize that women will tip well too for good service). The pool is nice and the hotel is in a nice area. The place needs some work, I think they are trying, but more needs to be done sooner, for a Westin I will call this one average - especially for the cost $$$

Green Features: they do good in this aspect, if you put the sign on your door that you'll forgo maid service for that day, you'll receive a voucher for $5 off or 500 points
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Greetings Annette H,

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand. The Westin Colonnade has a nightly Westin unwind that is front 5 PM to 7 PM which greets our guest with a refreshing glass of Champagne. Our apologies if we fell short with your first room selection, we are currently undergoing a hotel refresh which includes new hallway carpets, doors, new in room furniture and a refreshed bathroom. We hope to see you again after our refresh to receive more of your feedback. Should your travels return you to Miami, please feel free to contact me at dwelch@westincoralgables.com and I will be sure to see to it that your stay is as refreshing as possible. Be Well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The service at this hotel is exemplary, with particular recognition to Al, the night manager, and Pete. Wish that all properties in the ilk of the Westin had such accomodatng staff. When one is traveling and arriving late, it's great to know that there are people like these two guys at the helm. Trust me, it can make the difference between a bad travel experience, and a great one. Kudos to Westin for their wise choice of staff. Which is why, combined with the contemporary, upscale, comfortable and environmentally conscious property, with perfect location in Coral Gables - walking distance to everything & close to downtown Miami, South Beach & a drive away from the Keys -is a great choice. Some rooms have direct access to the heated pool . You can't go wrong if you choose to stay here. Upscale service like nowhere else for the price point & great location & fantastic rooms. Love this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool access if you want that. Your door will open directly to the pool area.
Green Features: Great environmentally friendly practices.Very proactive.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Hello Butter74,

Thank you for your inspiring words about our staff and property! We here at the Westin Colonnade truly strive for excellence and aim to provide nothing but the best service for our guests. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Miami. Be Well.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed for the weekend with my daughters, really nice place to stay in, but very pricy. But overall you have many place to go and have nice place to have dinner. People at the westin are very kind, and valet would always help you for any directions you need. Specially the young kid Dylan who helped me out all the times and help me on deciding a good place to have breakfast around the area before going home. My daughters love it. Thanks :)

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Greetings AlovesMiami,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We are truly delighted that you had a chance to enjoy the lovely restaurant options Coral Gables has to offer. We will be sure to share your inspiring comments with Dylan to let him know that his services do not go unnoticed. We hope to see you again so that we may continue to make refreshing stays for you and your daughters. Be Well.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed here with my wife. We were upgraded to a very nice room with a doorway onto the pool deck. There is nothing like eating breakfast poolside. The room was very spacious and very accommodating.
This hotel is located close enough to miami without the miami pricing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool deck.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank MDrills
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hello MDrills,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear that your enjoyed our newly renovated floor. We hope to continue to make beautifully refreshing escapes for you and your wife. Should your travels return you to Miami please feel free to contact Dwelch@westincoralgables.com to assist in any special requests you might have. Be Well.
Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel is very well located, you can walk the Mile (Miracle Mile), with fantastic restaurants along the way. I think the cost of Valet Service was a bit overpriced, but the Young Guy at the valet service (Chris) was very fast and helpful.
Rooms were very comfortable and nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello Pipewi,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly hope you enjoyed our hotel and all the great finds around it. We will be sure to acknowledge Chris for his attentive and hard work. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we hope to see you again to continue to make extraordinary stays for you. Be Well.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Every employee at the Westin goes out of their way to make your stay the best possible. Hotel amenities are phenomenal and there is an abundance of restaurants in the area to choose from for any type of meal. You won't regret staying at the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hello Patrick5554,

Thank you for gracing us with your feedback! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and lovely neighborhood. We will share this lovely review with our staff as words of empowerment. Should your travels return you to Miami, we hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!