This is a very nice hotel in the heart of Coral Gables and if that location suits the reason for your visit then this is certainly an excellent choice for your stay. There are tons of great restaurants within easy walking distance, Miracle Mile is a fun, happening street, and it's a very easy trip to/from the airport. The service is definitely the highlight of the Westin -- valet, front desk, room service, concierge, housekeeping, they were all helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable.
The problem with the placed is that it wasn't built as a hotel and that makes for an awkward layout. The "entrance" is off a narrow two-lane street without a driveway which makes it very difficult and stressful to pull up in front and drop your bags off. Getting your car during a busy time of day is similarly difficult; but I want to emphasize that the guys do a terrific job under these conditions. You don't walk enter the hotel lobby but take an escalator to the next floor and then walk back to the small check-in desk. Not a problem, just unusual. The desk was very helpful in getting us situated and helped straighten out some confusion. The rooms were nice but in general the place really needs the renovation they have planned for this summer. Be aware that some of the 5th floor junior suites are duplexes with a very steep spiral staircase going up to the sleeping area -- not good for my 80 year-old mother who immediately turned around and asked for a different room. But the pool area is a nice place to hang out with very comfortable sitting areas and ample shade for those who don't want it. And the local restaurant scene is really good (try Season's 52).
Would I go back to the Westin after the reservation? Most likely depending on the point of the trip. If they can bring it up to the quality it deserves it will really be an excellent hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is centrally located in the Coral Gables business district. We offer a retreat from the rigors of travel, yet still convenient to business, shopping, and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables Hotel Coral Gables
- Westin Colonnade Coral Gables
- Westin Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Westin