Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Aloft Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
$93
Aloft.com
$139
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
$90
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
$87
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

Hotel St. Michel(Coral Gables)
$122
$95
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

Gables Inn(Coral Gables)
$79
$113
Wishes Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
$99
$71
$279
Hotel Ponce De Leon(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
All reviewsmiracle milefront deskspiral staircaserooftop poolwithin walking distancevalet parkingoffice buildingroom servicebeautiful hotelbusiness tripvalet staffcommon areassouth beachper daynice areasitting areamiami airport
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hi, My name is Jorge Salgado SPG Gold#42335498458
I checked in on Thursday November 21,2013 for 2 nights. I travel for business weekly and always stay at Starwood properties when available all over the world, and this is the first stay that has been a really bad to worst experience ever!
1. I check in after a long and delayed flight from Las Vegas and when I walked into into my room(503), the room had a very bad humidity, mildew awfull smell. I am very sensitive and alergic, so I called front desk and I was changed to room 302.
2. The air conditioner in this room 302, never worked, my room was hot all night, So I called front desk in the morning, engineering personell came in and told me the thermostat was not working properly. I asked for a room change, AGAIN!!! and I was given room (219).
3. I went out to work and when I come back to sleep, the Air Conditioner is not cooling, not working properly!! This is unbelievable and unacceptable!! I can't believe I threw away 10,000 Spg points and $150 in this garbage hotel!! Never again!!! Jorge Salgado

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank JorgeSalgado
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hello JorgeSalgado,

Our apologies that your stay was less than perfect. Your concerns were reviewed with our upper management. We hope that should your travels return you to Miami, we hope that you will stay with us so that we can see to it that your stay is a refreshing one.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The toilet in our room over-flowed at 2 pm. It took two tries to get my call to the desk answered and then I waited 20 minutes for the plumber to arrive, just before I had to leave to meet my family. Returned to the room after 7 pm to find the wet towels piled in the tub, toilet paper still in the commode, and no signs that any cleaning had been done.

I called the front desk, then the Westin “fast service” line and finally the emergency line - the phone rang and rang and was never answered so I had to trek back down to the lobby. Only then was the room cleaned and fresh towels supplied. God forbid there is ever a fire in this hotel - you would fry before they answer the phone. And if you let yourself think about the cleanliness of the bathrooms, you will surely have nightmares.

Room Tip: Most rooms are a very long walk from the elevator and all are quite a distance from the lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Greetings Beachtango,

Thank you for your gift of feedback and giving the hotel the opportunity to utilize your experience as a tool for improvement. Guests are always our priority please rest assure that your experience was reviewed by the staff and it will assist us in improving our guest experience. Should your travels return you to Miami, feel free to contact our Guest Relations Ambassador and she will be glad to assist in the flawlessness of your stay. Be Well.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Westin to me confers a high level of service and style. The hotel was OK but not worth the rates. If you get a very good rate then it may be a perfectly good hotel.

I stayed here as part of a conference. The room was ok. It was clean. The bed was comfortable but I do recall in other Westins the beds were "heavenly". It was quiet enough and I didn't hear any noise from the neighboring rooms or hallway even tho the hotel was also in a sold out situation. The bathroom was ok but a bit dark. The tub has a rain shower. If you like these things then you are in luck. If you actually like a real shower then well...

The conference food was good. There is only so much you can do with buffets and the food there was good (not fantastic). The conference set up was a bit klugy with booths on the first floor in the hallway. Lunch was also set up there. It seemed odd and was extremely cramped.

The front desk staff were friendly.

The pool is outside. The pool itself is very small but the area is nicely done. If the weather isn't warm then the pool can be a bit nippy.

Room Tip: If you enjoy swimming then ask for a room on the second floor that opens out to the pool. You can literally roll out of bed and into the pool. You do lose a bit of privacy and you'll have to keep your curtains closed more than normal.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hello KBGA,

Thank you for your gift of feedback.We here at the Westin Colonnade are dedicated to making sure every guests experience is one to remember. We hope to see you again should your travels return you and your conference team to Miami. Be Well.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Nicely located near miracle mile. Upon arrival you must make it up a very narrow escalator to 2nd floor registration which is not a big deal unless u are lugging a sleeping 5 year old like I was (due to our circumstance we were guided to elevator down the hall & around the corner). Staff was pleasant and we were able to sneak a peek at a quinceanera that was taking place..fun! Here is the biggest downfall of the hotel...the walk to our room, it seemed to go on and on and on we almost felt like we were in a maze! If you have tired children or lots to carry or have older relatives with you make sure you ask for a room close to elevators. Our room 423 was big, more spacious than most, especially the bathroom. There is no balcony but that was not a deal breaker for us nor did we request one. The only downfall of the room was the air condition vent was covered with mold other than that the room was spotless (also there was a slight odor upon entering room possibly new carpet or poor choice of air freshener either way not a big deal). Lastly we enjoyed our stay at this Westin and will be making the long walk back to the lobby soon...at least it will burn off the extra calories we ate last night at Versailles Cuban Restaurant (which was DELICIOUS!!!!!).

Stayed: November 2013

Hello Cyecye,

Thank you for feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a good time with us at the Westin Colonnade. 423 is one of our lovely Double rooms. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, feel free to contact our Guest Relations Manager so that she may continue to see to the flawlessness of your next stay.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and was one of the worst business hotels I have been to. Food was provided as a part of the business event but was generally horrific.

Room was large and somewhat clean but even though there was a balcony, I lacked fresh air. They are selling the linen etc, who on earth would buy? Nothing fancy or a bit interesting.

TV, nothing for free. Why have 2 TVs in a room?

To end on a positive note: Coffee machine in the room, was the best thing ever. Proper Starbucks coffee right in your room.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello Evrim78, we would liek to offer our sincerest apologies. Your words help educate us about areas we need to improve on to help elevate our guests experiences. We hope that you will allow us to make the proper changes and be our guest again in the future. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, feel free to contact our Guest Relations Manager so that she may see to the flawlessness of your next stay. Be Well.