New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
GreenLeadersBronze level
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Room was big, service was excellent and friendly. I recommend this hotel. I was going to buy shaving cream and razor and the clerk told me not to because hotel gives it for free.
There was also complimentary starbucks coffe and muffins in the lobby every morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hello Edwin6926,
Thank you for your gift of feedback. We are delighted to hear that our front desk agent was able to provide you with your shaving necessities. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we would be delighted to assist you in making your stay flawless.
Be Well

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Colonnade is a nice hotel, Rooms are large and Clean. Bed are comfortable and the internet connection is at fair level. The personnel at the front desk is kind and professional, and the concierge, was really helpful.

The location is also very accommodating for guests as it is around a lot of bars, restaurants, and shopping stores. There is a Sushi Samba and a Mortons at the hotel, and there are also other great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Civitella di Romagna, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Nice size hotel with modern furniture. We were upgraded to a very spacious suite free of charge. It's in a safe location just south of the airport in the heart of Coral Gables. Our teenage sons were able to roam the area with no problems in the evenings. The outdoor was cold so we didn't get to use it. Breakfast was very good and met everyone's tastebuds. Only negative aspect is the hotel doesn't have parking so one must park in a private lot.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Civ26
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello Civ26,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear you and your family had a relaxing stay with us. We here at the Westin Colonnade strive to make every guests stay as flawless as yours. Our valet team offers parking for a fee per day that will take away the stress of finding your own parking. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we would be delighted to see you again to continue to assist in making great memories for you and your family. Be Well.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The employees service was excellent, the hotel was absolutely gorgeous, but somehow it was like someone singing Amazing Grace in the wrong key, make sense? There were no restaurants, not typical for a Westin, but the poolside room was awesome. I could literally wake up and jump straight in when I wanted. There was however a room service option, which still puzzles me with the no restaurant? but the prices were absolutely astronomical even to hotel room service standards. I'm sorry, but two adults eating eggs, bacon, and hash browns, and a child with a kids order of silver dollar pancakes and sausages......taxes, service charges, gratuities, ... $85.00...I could see for dinner, but breakfast? I also had more than one call down to the front desk over the housekeeping department. They seem to have a problem with that knocking before entering thing, and some of the baseboards and exhaust fans appeared they had not been tended to in a VERY LONG TIME! Like I said, very beautiful hotel, lot of hiccups!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool, they are even nice just to relax in the poolside couches if not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank heather102674
Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've stayed at Westin hotels around the U.S. for business and they are consistently great. This is a nice hotel, but does not compare to many other Westins. The rooms are small and need updating. My room also had a musty/damp smell. I was going to ask for a different room but noticed the same smell was throughout the entire floor. It also lacks dining options. There is a good sushi restaurant below the hotel for dinner (Sushi Samba), but not exactly what I was looking for at breakfast time. As much as I like to stick with Westins, I'm going to try somewhere else next time I'm in Miami on business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pic182
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

BEWARE if you are a woman! I am posting this because the GM hasn't even had the decency to respond to my email addressing the issue- unacceptable. I checked into this hotel around 9PM, after finally falling asleep (note they have very thin walls) I was a woken by a man that came in my room at 11:45PM. As you can imagine, I screamed. He apologized and left abruptly. My heart pounded for a few minutes before I called the front desk. I made the man on the line aware of the situation and he just choked on his words. I said this was unacceptable and hung up. I am a single woman sleeping in a room where a man walked in – as you can imagine, my heart and mind raced with what if’s for the next 2 hours before I could fall back asleep. About 10 minutes after the incident the phone rang. It was the front desk and the man was telling me how the situation came about. He told me he accidentally keyed the room card with the wrong room. I was in room 311 and he should have been directed to Room 331 or something. He then said how about I give you 2000 points for the inconvenience and I hung up. I found that insulting that my security was worth 2000 points (that maybe covers free wi-fi?!) to his stupidity. I am sure many people check in at all hours of the evening. How can someone feel safe and that they aren’t “accidentally” going to key them into an already occupied room?! Do they not have systems or protocols even training in order to make sure this doesn’t happen? I would think that at least half of their reservations are for women and if we don’t feel safe, we wont be booking with your hotel in the future. So beware ladies and I suggest going somewhere else!

Room Tip: Ask for a bed that's away from the corridor...walls are thin and late night younger crowd loud i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jwtime
WestinC0ralGables, General Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I am deeply sorry to hear that an event may have altered your stay; we strive to make sure each guest’s stay is flawless. I have reviewed the circumstances which lead to occurrence during your stay and have met with our team to ensure there are no future occurrences of this nature.
We value your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program and we are committed to providing each guest with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best. Should your travels return to this area we hope that you will give us the opportunity to create an excellent guest experience. Please feel to contact our SPG Ambassador, Danirah Welch, dwelch@westincoralgables.com, or Josh Norris, Front Office Manager, jnorris@westincoralgables.com to assist you with the details of your next reservation with us. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to me personally.

Best Regards,
Michael McMahon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

The standard is certainly below Westin quality. The hotel needs a major facelift. We were staying for a family wedding and I was able to get a much better rate on my own rather than the group rate. Even the wedding party cancelled their original "special group" rate to get a reduced rate on-line. More than that, there were only 2 working elevators to get to the rooms and we waited for nearly 30 minutes going up and down as every time it stopped, the elevator was full. Despite profuse apologies from the management at check out, the damage was done. It was a frustrating experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kym S
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello Kym S,

Thank you for your gift of feedback. We hope your family wedding was flawless. We apologize for any inconvenience, we here at the Westin Colonnade strive to make all of our guest feel as comfortable as possible. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we hope to see you again and allow us to elevate your stay to its highest potential.

Be Well,
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel? Share your experiences!