New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Odd Hotel, Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

By Westin standards, this is not a Westin. Located in the heart of Coral Gables, the hotel is a stone throw from "Miracle Mile" which is a mile long strip of shops and restaurants. The office building complex (called the Colonnade) has a Morton's and Sushi Samba.

What makes this Westin odd is that is it is part of an office building complex occupying only 5 floors. There is no bar and no restaurant. In fact you cannot even go to Morton's to get a glass of wine since they don't allow it. They do have an odd happy hour as well pouring cheap champagne (at least they should pour wine).

There is a breakfast room that would be better off closed. The buffet is bad and the room is post 1900.

The workout room on the second floor is sub-standard for a Westin. However, the rooftop pool is the highlight of the hotel. Nice courtyard feeling and plenty of chairs. But since it is in Miami, there are plenty of smokers and no ash trays. Hence, butts all over the place.

Rooms are spacious but the Heavenly bedding was old and needed new pillows. A/C was good. There are no balcony's and the windows are small.

Overall, it you need to be in Coral Gables, best location and there is a Starbuck's across the street for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LGspartan
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hello LGSpartan,

Thank you for your feedback, it is through reviews likes yours that we educate ourselves about areas that could be improved to help elevate guest experience. I am pleased to announce that Sushi Samba is our newest addition to the Westin Colonnade, Coral Gables, providing a fusion of both Brazilian and Japanese cuisine in which we are currently serving lunch and dinner and breakfast is soon to come. In regards to our complimentary champagne hour which toasts to the arrival of our guests beginning at 5PM, we appreciate your suggestion and will take it into consideration. We here at the Westin Colonnade strive to make sure every guests feels welcomed and at home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed for business for two night but checked out after one night to other hotel. There was a smell in the room when I first entered. Television broke down and there was no technician in the evening to repair this. The door was full of scratches. The carpet was stained. There were hairs in the shower. The chair was damaged.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank globaljolly14
Port Charlotte, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The service was average. I had to wait 10 mins to check-in although I was next in line. The front desk agent was not even apologetic. My room was clean thank God. I think this hotel is over rated because of its location. The only person that acknowleged me with warm hospitality was the Asian chef/cook at breakfast. I expected more i guess.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was here for a conference. The room was very nice, although the bathroom very small and the lightning could be better. I got complementary internet when I checked in, maybe because of the conference. And got a voucher for the nights I didn't need a change of linnens, I think this is very good motivator to stay eco friendly.
All staff was very friendly and we were lucky to experience the opening of a new sushi restaurant they have downstairs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was in Coral Cables for a one week business trip and was happy to find a SPG hotel near my office. Upon checking in they noticed that while I was solo, my room had double beds (that was the only option available in the booking system I used), the staff upgraded me to a mini suite. The room was big, had two TVs and a nice desk for me to work at. Plus a big bureau for me to put my clothes.

During my first evening I heard a knock in my door and received free chocolate covered strawberries as a welcome (!!!). It was great!

I love staying at Westins and this one did not disappoint. Also, there is a Starbucks and a self-service soft serve place right around the corner :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was a return trip for me while attending my son's graduation from UM...this time did not dissapoint and it was a terrific stay. The staff from beginning to end did a fantastic job; wonderful customer service and very cheerful!! We had extended family along so we actually had a group of 5 rooms and not one of us had any complaints regarding our room, beds, cleanliness, etc.
I note that although the fitness has been up dated since my last stay I did feel they could have a little more in terms of variety in regard to the weights, etc. but I didn't come to "stay" fit, although i did feel it was adequate...The only glitch we encountered was that there was no towels at the pool one afternoon...after a call down to request some they eventually brought some new ones.
If in the area again I would most definetly stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello KalamataPa,

Thank you so much for such kind reviews on our staff and hotel. Experiences like yours are the ones that not only elevate our staff but allow us to elevate our guests so that they too leave with such great things to say such as yourself. If your travels should ever bring you back to Miami, we would be delighted to welcome you right back to the Westin Colonnade.

Be Well,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Westin in Coral Gables - Miami was perfect for the 3 nights stayed. It is very centrally located, you could actually walk down Miracle Mile for dinner or lunch to all types of restaurants. The service the hotel staff provided was excellent. We received a large room with direct access to the pool. Very nicely kept and maintained.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!