By Westin standards, this is not a Westin. Located in the heart of Coral Gables, the hotel is a stone throw from "Miracle Mile" which is a mile long strip of shops and restaurants. The office building complex (called the Colonnade) has a Morton's and Sushi Samba.
What makes this Westin odd is that is it is part of an office building complex occupying only 5 floors. There is no bar and no restaurant. In fact you cannot even go to Morton's to get a glass of wine since they don't allow it. They do have an odd happy hour as well pouring cheap champagne (at least they should pour wine).
There is a breakfast room that would be better off closed. The buffet is bad and the room is post 1900.
The workout room on the second floor is sub-standard for a Westin. However, the rooftop pool is the highlight of the hotel. Nice courtyard feeling and plenty of chairs. But since it is in Miami, there are plenty of smokers and no ash trays. Hence, butts all over the place.
Rooms are spacious but the Heavenly bedding was old and needed new pillows. A/C was good. There are no balcony's and the windows are small.
Overall, it you need to be in Coral Gables, best location and there is a Starbuck's across the street for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Colonnade, Coral Gables is centrally located in the Coral Gables business district. We offer a retreat from the rigors of travel, yet still convenient to business, shopping, and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables Hotel Coral Gables
- Westin Colonnade Coral Gables
- Westin Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Westin