Having stayed all over Miami the first positive of this hotel was its location, barely 15 minutes from the airport. Coral Gables is a very pleasant place to spend a few days: a place to escape from rather than rival the madness at SoBe.
When we arrived on a busy Friday night we were met at reception by Daniel Balzeca, who was an absolute delight: friendly but not overly intrusive, helpful and welcoming, he really made us feel welcome straight away. In general the standard of service was excellent with whoever was at front desk always happy to help and typically going above and beyond.
We had a split level suite on the fifth floor with a rickety spiral staircase separating the living area from the bedroom. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was compact but well appointed and we had a reasonable view over Miracle Mile.
Overall we enjoyed our three night stay: the building is impressive but the hotel itself does not quite have the wow factor to justify five stars (although it is great value for money). On service alone however you will struggle to find anywhere better in Miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Colonnade, Coral Gables is centrally located in the Coral Gables business district. We offer a retreat from the rigors of travel, yet still convenient to business, shopping, and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables Hotel Coral Gables
- Westin Colonnade Coral Gables
- Westin Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Westin