“Nice hotel, but getting tired.”

Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Overall a nice hotel based on location and amenities. We only stayed one night there on our trip so my comments are based on this.

Check-in: Friendly and efficient, no issue.

Room: Big and ok in general, but bathroom needed some updates and had a few tiny ants around the toilet. I wiped them up and didn't see any more the next morning. Could have been the climate, the area, etc. We were too tired to move to request a different room

Bar: We arrived late and were looking for a beer before going to bed. Bar was deserted and had silly kids cartoons on the tv with no way to turn it off. We had a drink and left.

Breakfast: Excellent. The buffet, the service and the selection was great. Certainly a nice start of the day. O-Juice was especially refreshing.

Noise: That was the only really issue we had with the room. Seems our room was located close to the service elevator or some other noise source. Until 11:30 pm there was a constant starting and stopping of electric motors (sometimes it sounded like drills, sometimes like elevators). Then there was (or so it seemed ) moving of tables and chairs (ballroom/conference room rearranging ?) until about 11:30 pm. After that it stopped and it was peaceful and quiet.
Again, if we wouldn't have been so tired, I would have asked for a different room.

Hospitality was great overall.

Room Tip: stay away from ball room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gcto20
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear gcto20,
Thank you for your review and the comments about our staff professionalism and service. I’m glad that you liked our excellent breakfast buffet. I’m sorry to hear that you had issues with the noise, ants in the room and the TV by the Bar. I have spoken with our Management Team and we will take the necessary action and utilize your shared experience to enhance our service. We value your loyalty very much, please reach out to me directly at rsoto@westincoralgables.com, I will personally ensure your next visit is a refreshing one.
Be Well,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Westin Colonnade at the end of February.
From the time we checked in until we left, we received exceptional service. The front desk staff was so helpful explaining the hotel, the surrounding area and even giving me a needle and thread when I needed one! We were given excellent advice on the local tours and the staff even asked us if we enjoyed ourselves the following day! Staying in the townhouse over looking the pool was such a treat. I highly recommend this beautiful hotel and look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Enjoyed staying in the townhouse.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kathy O,
Thank you for your positive review. I’m delighted to hear that you liked our Bi-Level Suite, and the view of the pool. I am glad that you got to experience what the City of Coral Gables has to offer. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff, which will be shared with our team. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables Hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here in January on a business trip for four nights. The room I had was a good size with a nice seating area. The bathroom was a bit tired and the shower did not work well ( cold and weak ). The wifi was good and worked well. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and efficient. The food for such a large hotel was great with a great selection. Overall a great hotel that I would be happy to come back to.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Busybusygirl
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Busybusygirl,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding our Hotel, food, Staff and their service. It’s always a pleasure to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was traveling for business and wanted a Starwood near the Miami airport. I was very happy fo find Five star service at this Westin. Pretty property and I recommend a courtyard room. The staff goes to great lengths to make your stay comfortable. I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Kathryn W,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding the Hotel and the service from our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back, for buisness or pleasure to the Westin Coral Gables.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very nice historic hotel, nice service, nice location. They are extremelly careful to keep the noise down. Considering that there is renovation going on and parties always all weekend, this is remarkable. If possible: stay at prefered guest level. They even provide gym stuff for you, if needed ... No excuses :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Vivian M,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding our Westin Colonnade Hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Westin in Coral Gables is in a wonderful area; locally owned restaurants and boutiques within walking distance. The hotel is beautiful. My room was comfy, as one would expect from a Westin. The room was large "L" shaped; with a separate sitting area, desk and bedroom area. Everything is clean and in great shape. The bathroom is a decent size; heavenly shower and granite countertops, everything in working order.

I ordered breakfast; typical fare for a Westin, and typical expensive, $26 for two eggs, bacon, toast, and potatoes. Arrived on time and was still hot.

Service at the front desk was great, very helpful staff.

The negative is that the hotel is alongside an alley that borders the back entrances to the shops, so I was awakened at 3:00AM with dump trucks emptying bins. This lasted almost an hour; the 'beeping' of the backup, and the 'bang bang bang' of emptying the bin. It is also difficult to find the front desk... but once you get there, you're all set.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room that does not border the alley. They need to negotiate a later garbage pi...
1  Thank Lea C
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear indianatraveller
We thank you for your kind review regarding our Westin Colonnade Hotel. I’m glad that you enjoyed the deluxe room, our Heavenly bed and Heavenly Shower. Our Team takes pride in ensuring our guests are able to relax and unwind in our beautiful accommodations while enjoying all that the Coral Gables area has to offer. Please reach out to me directly at Rsoto@westincoralgables.com and I will personally ensure your next visit is a refreshing one. Thanks again for your gift of feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was on a business trip and stayed at this hotel. Getting to reception means asking as it isnt clear. The rooms are good. Location is convenient. Coffee in the rooms is handy. Service is average - I had a few issues and the front desk team wasn't very keen on solving this issues.
Menu is limited in the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Nerry_Luvs_Travel,
Thank you for your review. Although it’s not great to hear that you had issues with your stay we appreciate your feedback which allows us to improve. My apologies for the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us. If your travels should ever return us to our hotel please feel free to contact me so I may personally see to the flawlessness of your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel? Share your experiences!