“Top notch service in very cool neighborhood.”

Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We spent 5 days at the Westin and from the moment we stepped up to the front desk we had nothing but wonderful service, smiles and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

I should mention that we stayed there on SPG points so in a sense there was less "in it" for the hotel I suppose, but we certainly could not feel that in any way. The service and attitude we received and met throughout was impeccable.

The hotel is in a stunning old building, true old style Miami with tall vaulted ceilings, imposing marble staircases, pillars and the rest. The rooms are not modern but contained everything we needed with a great bed and updated bathrooms. Our room was facing the roof terrace with direct access to the terrace and the pool and jacuzzi located there. Having said that we had no noise issues at night and it was nice after a long warm and humid day in Miami to step out of our room and into the pool at night.

The area has a lot to offer, whether you want to go shopping, bar hopping or dining with tons of options regardless of taste and budget.

In short - we cannot recommend the Westin enough and would love to return next time we make it to Miami.

Room Tip: We loved having a room directly facing the roof terrace (which is really not on the roof, but on a l...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear runedawg,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. Thank you for mentioning our Front Desk staff and the level of service you received during your stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to tell you how delighted we are to learn that your stay at our Westin Colonnade Hotel was a true blessing in disguise, and met all your expectations.
We sincerely appreciate the comments that you made about our Hotel and the comfort of the rooms. We look forward to welcome you back the next time you are in Coral Gables!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am glad I was able to experience the Westin Colonnade and there were enough positives that I could recommend anyone try it. However, some nagging small things might have me looking for something else next time. The property is a palatial older building in a stylish neighborhood with a marble floored lobby, high ceilings, elaborate moldings, and tasteful art and furnishings. My fifth floor room was spacious and quiet with very comfortable double beds, layered linens, 48”-ish plasma TV, free wifi, a basic clock radio with easy to use alarm, minibar/fridge, coffee maker with Starbucks packets, good sized closet with ironing board and iron, and a small safe. Floor to ceiling windows offered good views of the Miracle Mile shops below and a peak of the sea in the distance. The bathroom was fine – tub and dual-headed (not anything special) shower combo with heavy weight towels. The staff was friendly and mostly helpful. The room and the property were clean and generally well maintained. Room service was quite good - on my arrival I had a dinner (salad greens with sesame crusted salmon) that was top notch and delivered quickly. Good restaurants are also close by. (I had a great Cuban sandwich at a low-key place around the corner called Las Vegas that I’d recommend.)

So what might keep me from returning? A combination of some small things – my reserved king bed room unavailable at my 7 PM check-in with the option to sit in the lobby until one was ready or settle for a double; guest elevators that were out of service all three days requiring use of slow and inconvenient service elevators; air conditioning that struggled to keep most of the room cool but with an airflow concentrated on the seating area which was therefore uncomfortably cold; a minibar/fridge that was never below room temperature, was half empty, and never restocked; TV connection that was persistently interrupted; having only decaf coffee packets in the room. None of these issues ruined my stay but neither are they consistent with a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr. ATL_GB, thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I’m glad that you had some positive experiences and liked our Hotel. Although it’s not great to hear that you had issues with your stay we appreciate your feedback which allows us to improve. My apologies for all inconveniences you encountered during your stay. With your comments I will be going back to my management team so we can utilize to improve upon the service we strive to provide.
Please contact me personally at rsoto@westincoralgables.com when your travels bring you back to Coral Gables, so I may personally see to the flawlessness of your stay.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

great location, nicely decorated, big rooms, The valet parking was the better.
Perfect Hotel. Nice. The hotel is modern, has excellent attention, the rooms are comfortable, with good space. The valet parking service is the best I have used. The value is similar to regulate parking.

Room Tip: Ask for the king bed suites on the top floor, very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Arghcar,
We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff and Valet parking, which will be shared with our team. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic service and great location. Front desk staff was superb. Could not imagine how they could've been more helpful. So impressed with every staff member I encountered. Location is perfect for exploring coral gables.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Las1138,
Thank you for your kind review. I’m glad that you enjoy your stay with us. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is grand and just steps away from the Miracle Mile. This was a surprise birthday trip from my husband, whom I told of my love of The Westin Heavenly Bed. We stayed from 10/19 through 10/21 and enjoyed every second of our stay. Go, enjoy, have fun!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear The Sawy Trawy
Thank you for your kind review. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your surprise birthday with your husband in our Hotel. I’m glad that you enjoy our proximity to Miracle Mile, and our signature Heavenly Bed.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Coral Gables!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The location is very good. We can easily find food to eat around the hotel. The design of the hallway is more like apartments rather than regular hotels. The room is clean and quiet. Everyone was super friendly. It feels like home. We didn't use the pool, but the pool looked nice and there are many seats and beds for sunbathing. The only down side is the parking. Self-parking is $21 and valet is $24. Well, it is located in a big city, what can you expect??

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear WinnieChe
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding the Hotel and the service from staff. Our Valet parking prices are $24 per night which is reasonable for our area, and still lower other hotels. We are looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables.
Be well.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have never, never found such a polite, gracious and professional staff, Weston is catching up to the Ritz, Cayman's and Maui beware.

The Colonnade is a beautiful hotel, I can see why so many weddings are held there. The hotel is a staple for the Coral Gables area, beautiful ambiance and wonderful staff. I originally had booked a deluxe room for 11/4/12 to 11/7/12; however, I got there very early and the room was not ready. I was very tiered after a long trip and they offered me a non-deluxe room, at a reduced rate, room 317.

Really I could not of been happier, exhaustion was falling on my and I would have enjoyed to nap in the laundry room. Room 317 was ample, great bed, very clean and a decent view, but I was so very comfortable in it I had no issues as it wasn't a small room, actually quite large.

The gym was very clean and had all the right equipment, so there were no issues there. My one and only issue was the elevator, I got there during a wedding, and there was only one elevator working. The second was in disrepair. So there were actually elevator lines. This wasn't such a bad thing, after the wedding was done the lines resulted in a short weight. It reminded me of when I was in collage in the dorms.

One last plug, the Local Bar and Restaurant is just a short block away, OMG the food is complex, beautifully plated and delicious!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ange2169

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments on the level of service you received from our staff and our Westin Workout Room, which will be shared with our team. I’m glad that our Front Desk Ambassadors were able to accommodate your needs, with fast and efficient service. Our goal is to strive for you to leave here more refreshed than you arrived! We are currently updating one of our Hotel Guest Elevator which once is complete will be much faster. We do have signs throughout the Hotel for our Guest to use our Service Elevator. I’m looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables.
Be well.

Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel? Share your experiences!