My husband and I spent several days at the Westin Colannade Coral Gables and loved it. It is an elegant hotel and the staff was always courteous, accommodating and very friendly. We were given a beautiful room with a sitting area and everything was clean and pristine. My husband always looks because he has allergies to dust and mold.
The woman (Roxana) at the desk was very welcoming as were all the desk staff and the concierge (especially Umberto) were helpful with area restaurants and outings. I was having trouble with the navigation on my husband's phone because I was not familiar with it and the valet did everything on it for us. Very handy and helpful.
We were aware of the $24.95 valet parking fees with in and out privileges, which are not unusual for a 4* hotel. We went to the lower priced parking next door, but did not have in/out privileges so we stuck with the valet. Because it is in the city of Coral Gables there are not a lot of parking garages or areas. On the street parking requires you feed the meter.
The pool area was quiet with chaises and a hot tub. Water temperature was very comfortable. There really is no "shaded" area so be sure to bring your sun block. The was a real dip in the weather and it was chilly outside with winds (50's at night at high 60's in the morning). I suggested we go to pool area to read, dressed in long pants and long sleeve tops. ...figured the sun would keep us warm. the area was beautifully shielded from the wind and it got so warm we went upstairs to put on our bathing suits. It was great.
There is no cabana/food service by the pool, but there is a menu and phone on the wall. Once again, pricey...but expected in a 4-5* hotel. Outside the hotel you can see a Starbucks across the street and lots of eating places from Panera's to upscale busy restaurants..Italian, Continental, cuban etc.
The visit couldn't have been more perfect. Beautiful elegant hotel. We did not have a resort fee. They have several layers of internet fees starting at 12.95 per nights. I used my phone to check my emails which was perfect and free.
The area to walk around the hotel is quiet and friendly with beautiful Miracle Mile shops.
We did find one new small boutique restaurant called BuonGusto - opened for breakfast at 9 until 11 at night. We loved the dinner so much (with fresh mozarella shipped from italy and incredible pesto and pasta) we went there for breakfast and that was great too. My husband loves Tiramasu dessert and we have never tasted anything like this anywhere! The brought the chef over from Italy..We highly recommend this restaurant. Small, intimate and great food and service. It is on Miracle Mile about 1 1/2 blocks down from the Miracle Mile exit of the hotel. Turn left at the hotel exit and cross the street. It's in the middle of the next block. I just found their website. It is at 70 Miracle Mile. buongustocoralgables.com
There were wonderful places in the area to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and it was a short drive to Coconut Grove.
We loved the Westin Colonnade and plan to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is centrally located in the Coral Gables business district. We offer a retreat from the rigors of travel, yet still convenient to business, shopping, and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables Hotel Coral Gables
- Westin Colonnade Coral Gables
- Westin Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Westin